[spectre] 2 DAY SOUNDBOXES WORKSHOP Berlin

Derek Holzer macumbista at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 13 15:37:22 CET 2016

ANNOUNCING 2 DAY SOUNDBOXES WORKSHOP
PROJECT SPACE KLEINER SALON, BERLIN DE
2-3 APRIL 2016

Explore DIY electronics and sound art performance with your own SoundBox
during this two-day workshop in Berlin-Kreuzberg.

SoundBoxes are small, primitive electro-acoustic instruments built from
a wooden box, a speaker, a small audio amplifier and a contact
microphone. They can create a variety of drone and reverb-type sounds
through feedback between the speaker and microphone, or they can bring
out the hidden sounds found within everyday objects. They also have
small touchpoints which can be used to produce a variety of “circuit
bending” sounds.

During the first day, we will learn about electricity, how it becomes
sound and then how to build the SoundBoxes themselves. On the second
day, we will explore the possibilities of the SoundBoxes, with the goal
of collaboratively creating a score for a sound performance of
approximately 10-15 minutes in length.

This workshop does not require any previous knowledge of electronics,
only an interest and a curiosity in both sound and instrument-building.

Details and registration can be found here:

http://www.artisticworkshopseries.com/derek-holzer-soundboxes

Videos of SoundBoxes in action can be seen and heard here:

https://vimeo.com/34477093
https://vimeo.com/16567547
https://vimeo.com/139799043

Thank you for your kind attention.