[spectre] New podcast: Bob Nickas talks about the Art World and the World of Art

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 17:45:01 CET 2016

Bob Nickas talks about means and ends, about information as space, about
reading history through record covers and about the need to make up the
meaning of everything around us as we go along.

<goog_950591336>Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/bob-nickas/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/bob-nickas/capsula>

Having lived in New York for over thirty years, Bob Nickas has had an
insider’s view of vibrant cultural movements such as Punk and No Wave. His
curated shows and critical texts cover a broad range of interests based on
an approach in which proximity to the artists prevails over institutional
demands. His fascination with the world of art and dislike of the way the
art world is organised can end up becoming the engine for all kinds of
projects. As such, Nickas explores attitudes associated with the romantic
figure of the outsider, resulting in a kind of resistance practice that
brings together fun, attraction, poetry, boredom and complaint.

Bob Nickas talks about means and ends, about information as space, about
reading history through record covers and about the need to make up the
meaning of everything around us as we go along.

*Timeline*
*01:15* Meaning
*03:10* The art world is not the world of art
*05:51* Deskilling
*08:38* Information as space
*11:15* Collection diary
*13:45* Blacknuss