[spectre] New podcast: PROBES #19.2. Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler... More repurposed African instruments

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 13:33:36 CET 2016

*New podcast: PROBES #19.2. Auxiliaries. Curated by Chris Cutler*

In this auxiliary Chris Cutler meets more repurposed African instruments in
several fields, and takes one glimpse at the reverse traffic.
Interestingly, for the first time, there’s hardly any adoption in
contemporary classical circles. Answers on a postcard, please.

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes19-2-chris-cutler/capsula

The PROBES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag> Auxiliaries collect
materials related to each episode that try to give a broader – and more
immediate – impression of the field. They are a scan, not a deep listening
vehicle; an indication of what further investigation might uncover and, for
that reason, most are edited snapshots of longer pieces. We have tried to
light the corners as well as the central arena, and to not privilege
so-called serious over so-called popular genres. In this auxiliary we meet
more repurposed African instruments in several fields, and take one glimpse
at the reverse traffic. Interestingly, for the first time, there’s hardly
any adoption in contemporary classical circles. Answers on a postcard,
please.

Previous episode: >>PROBES #19
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-19-1-chris-cutler/capsula>
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/probes19-chris-cutler-transcript/capsula>

>>And here you can find the complete series of PROBES
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag>

Enjoy!