[spectre] FROM THE VAULT: 5 women who will take you out of your comfort zone

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu May 11 12:28:06 CEST 2017

 We kickstart spring with 5 podcasts from the Ràdio Web MACBA Archive
<http://rwm.macba.cat/>
1/ Natalie Jeremijenko —

*‘There is no social justice issue that can be disambiguated from
environmental justice issues.’
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOhbEf_bk715LUCuLexSIwDRflIL0mQXAC7sn_kNHhulS&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

Natalie Jeremijenko projects question assumptions such as the logic of
responsible consumption, in which minimising environmental impact comes
second to boosting mutual benefits. In this podcast, Jeremijenko talks
about learning by living together and how to imagine our relationships with
natural systems from this point on.

*Download
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOpggUeSwEoiJdqfGk86TpTS8Wir0ui26VQSsIYjRv527&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

2/ Angela Dimitrakaki —

*‘Capitalism, at present, produces all positions, even the opposition
itself.’
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOtdEh2FNWJQKhUyu8l0l61qyEiY8eSSXGcgGhvlY35Kn&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

>From the trenches of Marxist-inspired materialist feminism, Angela
Dimitrakaki talks about the new feminist critique, the limits of democracy,
the wiles of post-capitalism, and the ambivalence of the commons. She also
touches on the notions of radical curating and collaborative practices.

*Download
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOsG5jF89S67borfuOThr3cBcgekdo7Mk3cR7HjPem8e7&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

3/ Rasha Salti —

*‘Reaganism and Thatcherism were not born in 1989. They were born in 1973,
a very interesting date for the Arab World.’
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOuh30P7FZA3RqHCnCKTSWTsNq9EkivCe1yhwRlVxFXcI&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

Rasha Salti’s postcolonial analysis of artistic production in modernism
favours new narratives about the former East and West. It also favours the
reinterpretation of certain key dates for the creation, on both sides, of
the dialectics of alterity and for the emergence of underlying leftist
discourses, while revealing another, hidden story that can be traced
through image production to the recent Arab springs.

*Download
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOogISyyIKLcLbDv3kzshXyJYSIVFgWZVkdM1myjbhOy6&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

4/ Nanna Thylstrup —

*‘We have very little knowledge of what our digital shadow looks like.’
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOgJVCAaudjSZ2MgFYUsmEy8TZI5XNqXl2W37RTfy9843&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

In this podcast, Nanna Thylstrup talks about the digitalisation of the
archive and its implications. She deeply analyses two consequences that
both emerge in individual and collective spheres: first, the data shadow
that big data contexts generates of each user; second, the politics behind
the processes of mass digitalisation.

*Download
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOo56f7p_KG5rcxZCfyFM4UCOQnrxbrL7EAQtO85zjIG-&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>*

5/ Fatima El-Tayeb —

‘Race started in Europe and then it was imposed into the world.’
<http://llistes.macba.cat/HS?b=zS4pve9uEkHT8Z4kO0taOu78kxqngWFjSJB0PhAe5nlJr6GsKSQfRtaBOkvjKIU4&c=MFnfGhqfNybulKPPXGv6Ig>
In this podcast, Fatima El-Tayeb talks about the need to reassess Europe’s
internalist narrative and the discourse of integration. She evaluates the
role of race in the construction of this account and argues for the
creation and recovery of archives as a strategy for developing other types
of narratives.