[spectre] Patrick Tresset exhibition PV and conversation with Dr Nick Lambert

Irini-Mirena Papadimitriou imirena at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 11 23:04:23 CEST 2017

Dear All

I am very pleased to share info about our new exhibition, Whilst we were here... by Patrick Tresset, which opens at Watermans on Wednesday 18 October.

I hope you can join us for the launch event.

In Conversation: Patrick Tresset and Dr Nick Lambert
Wednesday 18 October, 6.30-8.30pm
FREE
Please book your place on https://www.watermans.org.uk/events/patrick-tresset-in-conversation-with-dr-nicholas-lambert/

The conversation will take place in the theatre and will last approximately 45 minutes, followed by drinks in the gallery.
In partnership with the Computer Arts Society

Patrick Tresset develops and presents theatrical installations with robots and autonomous computational systems to produce series of drawings, paintings and animations. Interested in how we humanise robots, his installations use computational systems that introduce artistic, expressive and obsessive aspects to robots’ behaviour. The robots present in the space act as drawers, making gestural marks, over time, producing images that are not pre-programmed, but an autonomous interpretation influenced by the robot’s qualities and faults. In a way Tresset’s work and research is more about human nature than robots, exploring drawing practice in humans, but also how we relate emotionally to machines.

Best wishes

Irini

Irini Papadimitriou
Head of New Media Arts Development