[spectre] [Bioartsociety] Call for workshop participation - Merry CRISPR 11th-15th of December

Erich Berger erich.berger at bioartsociety.fi
Mon Oct 16 16:54:38 CEST 2017

Dear Spectre,

please find here a call for participation to our Merry CRISPR workshop which will take place at the
Biofilia laboratory of Aalto University from 11th to 15th of December in Helsinki Finland.

CRISPR refers to a range of novel gene editing systems which can be programmed to edit DNA at
precise locations. In the workshop we will work with artist Marta de Menezes and others to
investigate and work with CRISPR, look into its materiality and artistic possibilities, and discuss
and explore socio-cultural, political and ethical implications.

You can find the full call with workshop details here:
https://bioartsociety.fi/posts/merry-crispr-workshop

During the workshop week we will also hold two public events:

 # on Tuesday 12th December a round-table about de-extinction with the book presentation of "Rise of
the Necrofauna" by Britt Wray http://www.brittwray.com/book/

 # on Thursday 14th December a presentation by artist Marta de Menezes about her work within
biological arts http://martademenezes.com/

For both events we will still send separate invitations.

Best wishes

Erich