[spectre] New Furtherfield editorial 'Are We All Digital Cash Cows Now?'

marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Fri Oct 27 13:20:34 CEST 2017

Sorry for any cross posting...

New Furtherfield editorial 'Are We All Digital Cash Cows Now?' By Marc Garrett - http://bit.ly/2yS4Iag

We produce a mass of data about our personal successes and failures, dysfunctions and interactions, for perpetual digital harvest. Through our interactions with digital devices and systems us humans are now a diverse resource to other humans and machines. And we are changing in accordance with the processes and demands of contemporary, technological market systems, designed to extract as much data from us as possible. This mass siphoning of our digital interactions, begs the question - are we all digital cash cows now?

Featuring Katriona Beales,Vanessa Bartlett, and Henrietta Bowden-Jones, Annie Abrahams, and Francesca da Rimini (aka Doll Yoko, GashGirl, liquid_nation, Fury).

Wishing you well.

marc

Marc Garrett

Co-Founder, Co-Director and main editor of Furtherfield.
Art, technology and social change, since 1996
http://www.furtherfield.org

Furtherfield Gallery & Commons in the park
Finsbury Park, London N4 2NQhttp://www.furtherfield.org/gallery
Currently writing a PhD at Birkbeck University, London
https://birkbeck.academia.edu/MarcGarrett
Just published: Artists Re:thinking the Blockchain
Eds, Ruth Catlow, Marc Garrett, Nathan Jones, & Sam Skinner
Liverpool Press - http://bit.ly/2x8XlMK