[spectre] OPEN CALL: Dangerous Futures Conference

Zane Cerpina cerpina.zane at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:02:17 CEST 2017

DANGEROUS FUTURES CONFERENCE
Call for talks, performances & dangerous questions

Gaia is a tough bitch. The catastrophe has already happened. The word
“crisis” is the default mode in this age of the Anthropocene. We are
obsessed with the ecological apocalypse. Scared shit-less by the propaganda
on global terrorism while waiting for Donald to hit the nuclear switch. We
build our society on fear. ARE WE F***ED?

The Dangerous Futures Conference discusses what scientists don’t dare to
question and politicians can’t suggest. Keynotes, talks and open
discussions, mixing participants with the audience will explore the
dangerous futures that we are facing. The conference will investigate the
most radical and discursive ideas, innovations and alternative up-to-date
worldviews that can help us stay alive. The Dangerous Futures Conference is
curated by Zane Cerpina, produced and sponsored by TEKS - Trondheim
Electronic Arts Centre and is the closing conference of the Meta.Morf - 5th
Trondheim Biennale for Art and technology.

We are seeking speakers, performances and dangerous questions to be
presented during the two day conference in May 4 - May 5, 2018.

CALL FOR SPEAKERS
We are looking for the most dangerous speakers within the field of art,
design, science, and technology to present their ideas during the
conference. To apply - send a short bio and a proposal for the talk.

CALL FOR PERFORMANCES / CONCERTS
Do you have a performance or a concert that can change the direction for
our futures? Send us your proposal and perform during the closing night of
the Dangerous Futures Conference.

CALL FOR DANGEROUS QUESTIONS
What is the most dangerous question you would like to pose? We are looking
for short video-statements to be presented during the conference’s
screening program. To apply fill in the online form and if possible send a
5 minute video statement to dangerousfutures at gmail.com. These questions
will also be the base for the upcoming publication “The Book of 100
Dangerous Questions”.

Deadline for applications is 15th of November.

Application form here: http://www.dangerousfutures.com/call/
Read more here: www.dangerousfutures.com

Best,
Zane Cerpina