[spectre] New podcast: OBJECTHOOD #6, feat. interviews with McKenzie Wark, Liam Young and Mette Edvardsen about SPACE

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:00:54 CEST 2018

*New podcast: OBJECTHOOD #6,
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula>
feat.
interviews with McKenzie Wark, Liam Young and Mette Edvardsen, and music
by  Stephan Mathieu.*

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula

OBJECTHOOD #6
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula>is
a podcast about objects, in particular about theories that have recently
brought us new perspectives on objects from contemporary art and theory. In
this episode, we talk to McKenzie Wark, Liam Young and Mette Edvardsen
about space. Space, and the spaces we inhabit as mediating objects. Space
as object of desire, as the ultimate “outer”. Space as a medium for
extremely strange objects, from heavenly bodies to UFOs and many other
myths. A three-way look at the idea of space, from political theory to
performance art.

*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union*.

*Music commissioned to Stephan Mathieu. Curated and produced by Roc Jiménez
de Cisneros.*

*Timeline*
*00:00* Introduction
*14:21* McKenzie Wark on psychogeography
*19:25* Dad, what is architecture?
*25:54* Science-fiction and world-building
*28:59* Mars
*32:11* Exodus, escape
*38:25* Liam Young: radical shapers of space
*41:54* Re-thinking architecture
*44:35* A city the size of the Earth
*48:47* Scales
*50:51* The power of narrative
*54:15* UFOs
*56:29* The death of the object
*01:00:32* Mette Edvardsen on space in her performances
*01:01:59* Feedback
*01:07:33* The moment doesn't exist
*01:08:12* An interesting gap
*01:12:39* Outroduction

[image: image.png]

You can find the complete OBJECTHOOD series here:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/objecthood_tag