[spectre] Data Life Beijing Media Arts Biennale

Brad Miller brad.miller at unsw.edu.au
Thu Aug 30 07:52:08 CEST 2018

Dear all,
As co-curator of the Fifth Beijing Media Arts Biennale, I’m excited to announce, "Data Life", an exhibition comprising of International and Australian artists' work at the Central Academy of Fine Arts Art Museum Beijing, which will be opened by CAFA’s President Fan Di’an on 5 September 2018.

Australian artists featured include: Guy Ben-Ary & Boryana Rossa, Helen Pynor & Peta Clancy, Brad Miller, Nancy Mauro-Flude, Oron Catts & Ionat Zurr, Michaela Davis & Boris Bagattini, Mari Velonaki, Wade Marynowsky, Kynan Tan, Thomas William Smith.

The Biennale consists of three parts: Post Life, Lab Space and touring exhibitions.  Post Life presents international art works relevant to the topics of ‘Data Life’, ‘Mechanical Life’ and ‘Synthesize Life’. Lab Space is a special exhibition that focuses on showcasing international laboratory practice in art and technology. The touring exhibitions will take place in Shanghai Ming Contemporary Art Museum (McaM), Shenzhen OCT Art & Design Gallery and, Suzhou Hanshan Art Museum and other art museums starting in the latter months of 2018.

With kindest regards,
Brad Miller

When: September 5 – 24, 2018

Where: CAFA Art Museum, 8 Huajiadi S St, WangJing, Chaoyang Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100096

Australian Office: +61 2 8936 0622
Australian Mobile: +61 (0)416 007 506
China Mobile: +86 186 7515 4490
Skype: bradmiller_101
WeChat ID: bradmiller_404

Office: E104
Senior Lecturer
Artists, Curator, Media Arts Academic

UNSW | Art & Design
UNSW AUSTRALIA

Paddington Campus
Cnr Oxford St & Greens Rd,
Paddington, NSW 2021

http://sites.cofa.unsw.edu.au/~z9270907/
https://research.unsw.edu.au/people/mr-brad-miller
https://vimeo.com/bradmillers/videos
https://www.artdesign.unsw.edu.au/campus/interactive-media-lab <http://sites.cofa.unsw.edu.au/~z9270907/%0Ahttps://research.unsw.edu.au/people/mr-brad-miller%0Ahttps://vimeo.com/bradmillers/videos%0Ahttps://www.artdesign.unsw.edu.au/campus/interactive-media-lab>

I acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora nation as the traditional custodians of the land on which I work. I pay my respects to Elders past and present, and extend this respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. I acknowledge that this land has long been a place of teaching, learning, and creating.

Australia's leading faculty of experimental art and design
CRICOS  PROVIDER CODE 00098G

This e-mail is intended for the named addressees only.  It may contain legally privileged information, confidential and/or copyright material.  If you receive this e-mail in error please contact me immediately by return e-mail or by telephone on the number above.  In any event you should not reproduce, transmit or use the contents of this e-mail in any other communication without my written consent.