[spectre] Fwd: Michel van Dartel to head V2_

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Wed Jun 6 09:30:34 CEST 2018

Betreff: 	Michel van Dartel to head V2_
Datum: 	Wed, 6 Jun 2018 07:04:25 +0000
Von: 	V2_ Lab for the Unstable Media <arie at v2.nl>

Michel van Dartel to head V2_Lab for the Unstable Media

ROTTERDAM – The supervisory board of V2_Lab for the Unstable Media is
proud to announce that Michel van Dartel (42) will take over as the
organization’s director. “With his knowledge, skills, broad experience
and passion, I’m confident that Michel will succeed in renewing V2_’s
philosophy and helping the organization to evolve further,” says board
chair Korrie Louwes.

Van Dartel: “I’m exceptionally proud to be able to take the helm at one
of the most important institutions in the international art and
technology sphere. I’m very much looking forward to working with V2_’s
dedicated team and supervisory board to deploy its unique mix of
expertise, its extensive network and its critical character to make
important artistic contributions to addressing the social and cultural
challenges that accompany technological change.”

He takes over on June 1, 2018, from Alex Adriaansens, who founded V2_
with Joke Brouwer in 1981. Adriaansens says, “I consider Michel’s
appointment as the new director of V2_ to be a very good decision. He
possesses a deep understanding of the organization and its mission and
has a highly motivated team standing ready to help him develop the
organization further and to translate its mission into a challenging
program.”

Michel will combine his directorship at V2_ with his work as a professor
at the Avans Centre of Applied Research for Art, Design and Technology.

V2_Lab for the Unstable Media is an interdisciplinary center for art and
media technology in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. V2_ presents, produces,
archives and publishes research at the interface of art, technology and
society. Founded in 1981, V2_ offers a platform for artists, designers,
scientists, researchers, theorists, and developers of software and
hardware from various disciplines to discuss their work and share their
findings.

The activities at V2_ are made possible thanks to financial support from
the Creative Industries Fund NL, and the City of Rotterdam.

For more information, media inquiries and interview requests, please
contact Steffan Hofland at v2 at v2.nl or +31 10 206 7272.

V2_Lab for the Unstable Media
Eendrachtsstraat 10
3012 XL Rotterdam NL