[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - October 2018

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:56:03 CET 2018

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - October 2018*

*1-  SON[I]A #272. Goodiepal & Pals
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/goodiepal-and-pals/capsula>*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/goodiepal-and-pals/capsula

The Danish artist Goodiepal
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/goodiepal-and-pals/capsula> plays a
borrowed Casiotone VL-1 VL-Tone and we talk about art's failure to have
real impact, the best place to hide stuff, contracts and hacks, double
standards in Europe, creativity in sheer survival strategies, Climate
refugees, genocides in the making, modern afro-futurism, Radical Computer
Music and circuit bending.

2-
*PROBES series. Curated by Chris Cutler
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag

PROBES <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag> takes Marshall McLuhan’s
conceptual contrapositions as a starting point to analyse and expose the
search for a new sonic language made urgent after the collapse of tonality
in the twentieth century. The series looks at the many probes and
experiments that were launched in the last century in search of new musical
resources, and a new aesthetic; for ways to make music adequate to a world
transformed by disorientating technologies.

You can find the latest instalment of the series, tackling the issue of
noise - and what we mean by it – before examining the toy symphonies and
the musical career of the infamous toy piano.
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-23-1-chris-cutler/capsula>

*3- **OBJECTHOOD #6,
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula>
feat.
interviews with McKenzie Wark, Liam Young and Mette Edvardsen, and music
by  Stephan Mathieu.*

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula

OBJECTHOOD #6
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/objecthood6-mckenzie-wark-mette-edvarsen-liam-young/capsula>is
a podcast about objects, in particular about theories that have recently
brought us new perspectives on objects from contemporary art and theory. In
this episode, we talk to McKenzie Wark, Liam Young and Mette Edvardsen
about space. Space, and the spaces we inhabit as mediating objects. Space
as object of desire, as the ultimate “outer”. Space as a medium for
extremely strange objects, from heavenly bodies to UFOs and many other
myths. A three-way look at the idea of space, from political theory to
performance art.

*This podcast is part of Re-Imagine Europe, co-funded by the Creative
Europe programme of the European Union*.

*Music commissioned to Stephan Mathieu. Curated and produced by Roc Jiménez
de Cisneros.*

*4-  * SON[I]A #271.  <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/un-faulduo/capsula>Un
Faulduo <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/un-faulduo/capsula> (only available
in Spanish)

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/un-faulduo/capsula

Nicolás Zukerfeld and Nicolás Daniluk from the Un Faulduo collective talk
about experimentation and collective work, about minor authors and mass
copies, about the power of translating and adapting, and about the
architecture of comic strips as a space where speed and time are resolved.

5- SON[I]A #273.Violence
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/violence-olin-caprison-/capsula>

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/violence-olin-caprison-/capsula

Olin Caprison (aka Violence) about limits, archetypes, connections, scenes,
violence, rhythm, and freedom. Or what that catch-all word means beyond the
clichés and neoliberal fantasies.

*E/N/J/O/Y*