[spectre] Fwd from Miklos Peternak: C3 Budapest update

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Mon Apr 1 07:26:25 CEST 2019

Betreff: C3 Budapest update
Datum: Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:58:52 +0100
Von: Miklos Peternak <peternak at c3.hu>

Dear [friends and colleagues],

you may know that in Hungary, in the empire of the homo ignorans, the
situation of a non-profit NGO dedicated to arts, culture, science and
open information exchange is becoming more and more difficult to
operate. Especially if its history shows a certain success based on a
framework initiated originally by the Hungarian Soros Foundation – and
this is the case of the C3 Foundation: http://www.c3.hu/c3/index.html

Therefore, after 22 years and for the first time, we decided to ask for
support from the international public. From people and institutions who
feel like it, and have the opportunity to do so as well. C3 intends to
keep up its on-line presence, further develop its collection for the
future http://catalog.c3.hu/?lang=EN and organize programs and events
like the <19 Freestyle Computing Competition for the young generation
https://verseny.c3.hu/15/en/index-en.html

We created an easy-to-use website for this purpose, where you can find
practical information on ways to support us:
http://www.c3.hu/support/index-en.html

Please feel free to distribute this message and the link – and thank you
in advance!

Miklós

--
Miklos Peternak, Director
C3 Center for Culture & Communication Foundation