[spectre] 2006-2019: Ràdio Web MACBA, 13 years of podcasting

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 12:16:25 CEST 2019

*2006-2019: Most listened Ràdio Web MACBA <https://rwm.macba.cat/> podcasts*

*1 - PROBES #1. Curated by Chris Cutler
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes1_chris_cutler_/capsula>*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes1_chris_cutler_/capsula

In PROBES #1, Chris Cutler sets the scene and investigates early
reconsiderations of pitch: probes that postulate new scales to be
constructed through the ever-greater subdivision of the inherited intervals
of equal temperament.

The complete series can be found here: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/probes_tag

*2-  ON LISTENING #1. Thinking (through) the ear. Curated by Arnau Horta.
Music by Annie Goh
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/on-listening-1/capsula>*

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/on-listening-1/capsula

Can we think through listening? Seth-Kim Cohen, Christoph Cox, Julian
Henriques, Casey O’Callaghan, Peter Szendy and Salomé Voegelin discuss why
thinking should not be at odds with resonating...

3-   *SON[I]A #201. Georges Didi-Huberman
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/georges-didi-huberman/capsula>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/georges-didi-huberman/capsula

Interview with Georges Didi-Huberman about the problems regarding the way
in which we see and interpret images, a problematic issue that stems from
the definition of what an image is, and from the hierarchy that has
historically been imposed on the dialectic between words and images.

*4- PROBES
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-20-1-chris-cutler/capsula> #20.
Curated by Chris Cutler
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-20-1-chris-cutler/capsula>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/curatorial/probes-20-1-chris-cutler/capsula

In this installment, Chris Cutler traces the immense impact Indian
instruments and aesthetics had on both thinking and playing, across all
forms of western music from Messiaen and La Monte Young to John Coltrane
and the Beatles.

*5-  SON[I]A #148. Mark Fisher
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia148_mark_fisher/capsula>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia148_mark_fisher/capsula

Mark Fisher (RIP) talks about crisis, insurrection and Really Existing
Capitalism. In this podcast, he brilliantly analyses the role of the media,
the education system, the link between Neoliberalism and brain chemistry,
and what he calls business ontology 'in a world in which internment camps
and franchise coffee bars co-exist.'

*6-  SON[I]A #250. Kenneth Goldsmith
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/kenneth-goldsmith-literature/capsula>*

*Kenneth Goldsmith
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/kenneth-goldsmith-literature/capsula> talks
about challenging and unchallenging literature, the DNA of the internet and
what he calls his “third
act”. Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/kenneth-goldsmith-literature/capsula
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/kenneth-goldsmith-literature/capsula>7- SON[I]A
#247 <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/maria-salgado-main/capsula>.
María Salgado
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/maria-salgado-main/capsula>(only available
in Spanish)*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/maria-salgado-main/capsula

María Salgado talks about low-tech poetry, syncretism, spoken text, writing
and orality, busy channels, the powers of the prefix 'an', drugs, and the
productive tension between expressions used on the streets and those stored
in books.

8-  *SON[I]A #223. Abu Ali (only available in Spanish)
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/abu-ali-toni-serra/capsula>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/abu-ali-toni-serra/capsula

Toni Serra/Abu Ali talks about trance, light, shadows, transitions,
conditions of life and possibility, about seeing and concealing, about
dreaming and unlearning. And about plants, of course.

*9- SON[I]A #257. val flores  (only available in Spanish)
<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/goog_2133180158>*
<https://mail.google.com/>

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/ca/sonia/val-flores-main/capsula

*Nos tomamos unos mates con val flores mientras conversamos sobre pedagogía
queer, escritura y microactivismos. Hablamos sobre la práctica docente como
práctica política, sobre lo queer como forma de disidencia capaz de activar
saberes deshetrosexualizantes y sobre la necesidad de articular nuevos
modos de habitar y escribir nuestras identidades que derriben las fronteras
del género, la raza y la clase.*

*10- SON[I]A #241. Yayo Herrero  (only available in Spanish).
<http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/yayo-herrero/capsula>With music by Jana
Winderen. <http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/yayo-herrero/capsula>*

Link: http://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/yayo-herrero/capsula

Yayo Herrero talks about different forms of ecofeminsim, about the
political management of desires, expectations, and needs, about the
importance of reproductive work and the need to find new patterns of social
and institutional co-responsibility, and about the management of the
commons.

*Thanks for being at the other end of the line!!!*