[spectre] about Marko Peljhan’s "Here we go again... SYSTEM 317"

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Thu May 16 18:29:11 CEST 2019

folks, my text about Marko Peljhan's new piece at the Venice Biennial is
now available online:

"Scratching the Sky: Five Footnotes to Marko Peljhan’s Here we go
again... SYSTEM 317.

The ambitions and expectations associated with Marko Peljhan’s Here we
go again . . . SYSTEM 317 are anything but clear: is this proposal for a
hypersonic propulsion vehicle a piece of tactical technical resistance,
or research on behalf of the military industrial complex? Or is it an
elaborately realised metaphor for the futility of any technoscientific
hope of salvation – a hope that is futile even for the less than 0.01
per cent, who are the presumed customers of the product? ..."

... continue reading by downloading the PDF here:

http://www.mikro.in-berlin.de/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=texts

"Scratching the Sky: Five Footnotes to Marko Peljhan’s Here we go again
. . . SYSTEM 317." In Marko Peljhan: Here we go again . . . SYSTEM 317,
edited by Igor Španjol. Pavilion of the Republic of Slovenia at the 58th
Biennale di Venezia. Ljubljana: Moderna galerija, 2019, p. 17-32.