[spectre] News From Where We Are #1

marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Fri Apr 10 18:29:47 CEST 2020

Sorry for any cross posting...

Welcome to Furtherfield's new podcast - a cultural discussion grounded in news from where we are.

https://soundcloud.com/furtherfield/news-from-where-we-are-1

When the lockdown hit the UK a couple of weeks ago we asked contributors and lurkers on Furtherfield's Netbehavour email discussion list how they were doing.

We received reports from every continent and this inspired us to create this podcast. Some of them have record their reports for us too and we will hear from them in a minute.

All of this reminded us that while we may be confined to our homes by the Coronavirus emergency we still have access to thriving networked cultures from around the world. So this podcast is a conversation with many voices from the ground to explore how the collaborative-imaginative fieldwork of artists, techies and activists is informing how we organise, imagine and build solidarity, good health and post-capitalist realities. Working together and supporting others to do the same.

This new podcast includes your news from where you are, interviews, reviews, readings to explore how people want to live in our globally-connected world now.

It includes news from Helen Varley Jamieson, Rob Myers, Isabelle Arvers, Tacira and Edward Picot; conversations between myself and Cassie Thornton, and Ruth Catlow and Cade Diehm, an audio essay by Jaya Klara Brekke, a review by Regine Debatty and a Poem by Jeremy Hight.

Sounds from Ouch Those Monkeys, Alan Sondheim, Azure Carter, Luke Damrosch, Stewart Home.

Wishing you well

Marc Garrett