[spectre] THE CIRCA PROJECT - OPEN CALL / ROUND 02

Fernando Velázquez ferstman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:47:58 CEST 2020

Dear all, hope this lines find you all safe and strong.

Thecircaproject.com

With 80 collaborations coming from 25 cities, The Circa Project reaches its
first month online.

Many things have changed since we started the lock down in São Paulo and I
had the idea to create this collective With 80 employees coming from 25
cities, The Circa Project reaches its first month online.

Many things have changed since we started the lock down in São Paulo and I
had the idea to create this collective binnacle. The response to the
project has been diverse. Some people have created specific material to
reflect on their current condition, or on the condition of the place where
they live, and others have updated preexisting material for considering it
opportune or premonitory.

One of the most unusual ways of measuring time in quarantine has been
through the collaboration of Brad Brace and his The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG PROJECT.
Through an apparently automatic operation I receive an image every 12
hours. The systematic condition of the shipments contrasts with the
atmosphere portrayed in the images, creating an hiatus between time and
space. You can check here, https://thecircaproject.cargo.site/admin/12165476

If you created something during confinement, if you found any material on
your HD that reframe everyday life, if you wrote a reflection on social
media or a short essay, whatever else, please feel free to send it to us.
The initial statement and instructions are in the INFO sector.

Resistance, persistence and love

take care,

Fernando Velázquez