[spectre] CFP: conf. Artificial Creativity, 19-20 November 2020

Andreas Broeckmann ab at mikro.in-berlin.de
Mon Aug 10 14:18:22 CEST 2020

the call is still open till 15 August 2020

Datum: 	Wed, 5 Aug 2020 15:52:38 +0000
Von: 	Bojana Romic <bojana.romic at mau.se>

Call for abstracts

Artificial Creativity
virtual conference

19–20 November 2020

https://mau.se/en/research/research-platforms/medea/conference-artificial-creativity/

     Online (hosted by Malmö University, Sweden)
     Deadline for abstracts: 15 August 2020
     Notification of acceptance: 1 September 2020

The Artificial Creativity conference aims to stir a discussion about the
cultural, societal and ethical aspects of artworks featuring A.I. or
robots engaged in creative production.

We encourage submissions regarding ongoing research about creative
embodied robots (i.e. robotic systems that use physical brushes,
pencils, etc. to make their artefacts), but do welcome any inquiries
concerning the use of A.I. and deep learning in the production of novel
artefacts. The notion of a "robotic system" above may include different
types of embodied agents such as an appropriated industrial arm, swarm,
drone, etc.

We also welcome submissions that critically challenge contested terms,
such as "creativity", "artificial intelligence" and our playful
conference title "artificial creativity".

Possible topics include but are not limited to:

     Creative robotics and/or A.I.
     Ethical questions regarding authorship in computational art
     The analysis of media discourses about creative A.I.
     Human-robot collaboration in the process of cultural production
     Robots and performative arts
     Cultural imaginaries about creative artificial agents
     Design approaches to creative robotics

The keynote speakers are: Professor Joanna Zylinska (Goldsmiths
University, UK), Andreas Broeckmann (Leuphana University, Lüneburg,
Germany), and Professor Mark Amerika (University of Colorado, US).

The online conference will feature a virtual exhibition supported by
Mozilla’s Hubs. Amongst other content, the exhibition will feature the
latest works of the artist Justine Emard (France).

The call for abstracts invites researchers from different areas of
expertise, including but not limited to: creative arts research,
humanities, human-robot interaction (HRI), art history, media and
communication, ethics of technology, design anthropology, social
sciences, gender studies, posthumanism, voice interface design, and
science and technology studies (STS).

The discussion around the Artificial Creativity theme will continue in a
special issue in Transformations, an open access peer-reviewed journal,
in 2021.

Please submit a 500-word abstract (excluding references) to Dr. Bojana
Romic: bojana.romic at mau.se before 15 August 2020.

Please include:

     The name(s) of the author(s)
     The affiliation(s) and address(es) of the author(s)
     The e-mail address, and telephone number(s) of the corresponding author
     Your time zone

If using any pictures in your abstract, please do not include more than
three. If you are experimenting with creative A.I. or robots and want to
include some recordings to our virtual exhibition, please indicate that
in the abstract. This, however, will not be a criterion for acceptance.

The notification of acceptance is 1 September 2020.

The Artificial Creativity conference is free of charge for all
participants. It is hosted by the research lab Medea, School of Arts and
Communication, and the Data Society research programme – all at Malmö
University, Sweden. The conference has received generous support from
Riksbankens Jubileumsfond, Sweden.