[spectre] New deleted scenes with slovak sound artist Jonáš Gruska

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:25:51 CET 2020

New deleted scenes with slovak sound artist Jonáš Gruska
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-318-jonas-gruska-deleted-scenes>

We dig up some unreleased fragments of our conversation with the slovak
sound artist Jonáš Gruska that we were unable to include the first time
around.

https://rwm.macba.cat/en/extra/sonia-318-jonas-gruska-deleted-scenes

Timeline

00:01 A few notes on early influences. Next Festival, Guy van Belle, up
until the creation of LOM

07:03 LOM as a public space: further notes on their activities and approach

12:27 LOM-You

15:03 Building a geophone for field recordists

17:33 First reaction and experiments in the pandemic: UV light sterilisers

21:31 The non-essentialness of sound work. Listening to pristine nature
sounds

26:30 The entry to Agharta

29:10 From insects to birds. Landscape listening and documenting

31:39 The politics of inhabiting and sharing the city. And some minor sonic
activism.

35:14 Gamelan

39:07 Mushrooms and mycelia

41:39 Phallus impudicus

44:47 Oyster mushrooms, coffee grounds and cigarette butts

47:41 What mushrooms harvest

+

If you enjoyed this feature, you will also dig the main podcast with Jonáš
Gruska https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-318-jonas-gruska