[spectre] Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - February 2020

Radio Web MACBA rwm2008 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 13:00:56 CET 2020

*Ràdio Web MACBA most listened podcasts - February 2020*

1/ Anton Kats:  <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-305-anton-kats>“I
realized that what I did since leaving Ukraine is in itself a practice.
It’s not like this is just a kind of a backbone on behalf of which I’m
doing something else. No, this is actually the work. All these
negotiations, networks, conversations and experiences… good and bad. This
in itself is actually the work.”

Process, liminality, mediation, transmission, radio, resonance, orality,
archive, and abundance. In our coinciding and crossing of paths with
Ukrainian artist, mediator, educator, and musician Anton Kats (b. 1983,
Kherson, Ukraine) <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-305-anton-kats>,
“the stars aligned” to put prior learning and formats to the test. Three
remote encounters, six hours of recording, and several red-hot scissors
have produced this exquisite corpse in which we explore a discourse and
practice that tend to spill over and exceed boundaries in both nuance and
detail. Anton Kats is pure process, discipline, energy, and empathy.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-305-anton-kats
2/ *Céline Gillain:*
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-304-celine-gillain>'Even since I was
a child, and especially when I became a teenager, I've felt that I was
never a good woman.'

In this podcast, we talk with Céline Gillain
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-304-celine-gillain> at lenght about
her incursion into the music industry, stage fright, the power of fragility
and depression as a form of resistance today. Paradoxically, her current
media of choice are a mix of pop songs, motivational speeches, and updated
fictions from the entertainment world, which run through everyday life in a
darkly humorous, inimitable way.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-304-celine-gillain

*3/ *Professor Oyèwùmi:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> "Part of what I
am doing is to historicize how gender became important in the colonies as
the result of the fact that the colonizers brought their ideas about
gender. That is the crook of the matter".

In this podcast, Professor Oyèwùmi
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi> talks about
age, seniority, and respect, about unscrupulousness and academia,
dispossession and spirituality. She considers the oxymoron of the notion of
“single mother” from the point of view of Yoruba culture, and she also
notes how observance of community practices from non-Western cultures may
be an unnecessary step as we face the planetary challenges to come.

Link:
https://rwm.macba.cat/en/sonia/sonia-303-oyeronke-oyewumi

4/
PROBES #26.2. <https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-262-auxiliaries>
Auxiliaries, by Chris Cutler.

The PROBES AUXILIARIES
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/buscador/radio/etiquetas/probes-auxiliaries-10018>
dig deeper into the main programme topic but are also programmed for your
ecstatic listening pleasure; so examples here are edited and sequenced and
cut together on the wheels of steal; there’s no talking either (at least
not by me), so you need to download the playlist to get the details,
backstory and relevance of each of the pieces featured. This time we’re
sending you a snapshot of a variety of integrated musical incorporations of
car horns, auto-parts, doorbells, scrap metal, asphalt, foghorns and power
tools, in the worlds of rock, pop, contemporary music, jazz and film scores.

Link: https://rwm.macba.cat/en/research/probes-262-auxiliaries

5/ Diego Falconí:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/altars-sugar-and-ashes-2-anti-racism-and-anti-colonial-resistance-perspective-people>
“El
resentimiento es una forma de no dejar que la memoria desaparezca. Ese
resentimiento, esa rabia, ese cabreo, ese dolor, son los que permiten que
exista una memoria. Pensar el resentimiento resulta fundamental.” (only
available in Spanish)

<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/altars-sugar-and-ashes-2-anti-racism-and-anti-colonial-resistance-perspective-people>

In this podcast, we talk to Diego Falconí Travez, Lucía Piedra Galarraga
and Karo Moret about slavery and love, the Caribbeanization of identities,
and violence as a potential resource. They discuss affects, phobias,
autophagies, and unsettling objects. And they examine the Latino world in
relation to the mask of gay culture, coming out of the closet as a liberal
promise, and resent(i)ment as a circular form that prevents memory from
disappearing.

<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/altars-sugar-and-ashes-2-anti-racism-and-anti-colonial-resistance-perspective-people>

Link:
<https://rwm.macba.cat/en/specials/altars-sugar-and-ashes-2-anti-racism-and-anti-colonial-resistance-perspective-people>