[spectre] Art, Action and Feminism

Anna Krenz krenz at zero-project.org
Sat Mar 7 13:59:28 CET 2020

Dear Friends,
this post is not strickly about media and art, but as the International Wome’s Day is so soon, we would like to invite you to a global action - Global Scream. It is an artistic action, with a cause.

#GlobalScream
8.3.2020 | 4 PM
Es every year, on the International Women’s Day (8.3.2020) there will be thousands of people on the streets worldwide, all protesting for the same, against the same, regardless of nationalities, location, gender, and ideological differences. Womxn of the World will fight for their rights.
To symbolically connect us all, on a local and global scale, we will carry out an action: at 4 pm we will call for everyone to scream for 1 minute.
Global Scream will be a female scream of rage, anger, grief or joy – each of us has and knows these emotions, even if our reasons are different. Everyone can scream. We do not even need to speak the same language, to become one voice. The voice of womxn.
Screaming becomes a kind of catharsis, which releases emotions. Physically screaming turns our negative emotions into positive ones, oxygene releases power and energy.
We give our voice! We are womxn, we are angry, we will not give up! All womxn together!
Imagine – all over your town, on that day you will hear women scream. When other countries join in, a wave of our voices will form around the planet, (postponed due to time zones).
The action #GlobalScream took place in 2019 in Berlin and other German cities, in some places in Poland, Denmark, Belgium or West Africa. In Berlin alone, 25,000 people screamed along.
We invite everyone to scream!
You can scream in a group, but also alone. Visual symbol for the Global Scream is exclamation mark (or three).
Global Scream will be on March 8th, 2020, International Womens’ Day at 16.00.
It is only a minute for a woman, but a global scream for womxnkind! We will be loud!
Join us! Have a voice, have it loud!
Let us know about your local event in a comment or message.

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/183119246233498/ <https://www.facebook.com/events/183119246233498/>

More: https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/global-scream-8-3-2020/ <https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/global-scream-8-3-2020/>

Grafik: https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/media-pack/ <https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/media-pack/>

How it was in 2019: https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/2019/02/19/aufschreiglobal-globalnykrzyk-8-3-2019/ <https://dziewuchyberlin.wordpress.com/2019/02/19/aufschreiglobal-globalnykrzyk-8-3-2019/>