[spectre] Internet, Mon Amour - English edition!

macchina frenesi at kein.org
Sun Nov 8 15:56:02 CET 2020

Dear list,

I'm very proud to present you the English edition of my book: "Internet,
Mon Amour - Chronicles before yesterday's collapse".

This book is a collection of short novels in a Decameronian frame: we
are at the end the Great Internet Plague and a group of hackers, artists
and geeks escape in the mountains to tell each other the stories before
the collapse.

"The future was yesterday, when we were inseparable from computers and
smartphones, for better or for worse. Even when we would have preferred
to do without them, because we knew they could prove to be our worst
enemies. The global surveillance scandals of the Internet were just the
tip of a icebergs, mass manipulation was just the beginning: we were all
vulnerable! Misplaced curiosities, scams, identity and data theft, porn
sales, haters…
This book always starts from real situations, tells and explains what
risk behaviors were, how traps could be avoided. It proposes tricks that
are easy to implement.
Through stories of common life we learn to pay attention to details, to
subtext, to what “lies behind” the appearance of the screens. In order
to escape from our condition as gears of the Megamachines we become
curious explorers, we expand the baggage of critical thinking with
stories of the future which was yesterday..."

You can read the entire book online at this address:
https://ima.circex.org/en.

If you love hard copies there are some ways to get one:

- You can write to ima at circex.org. We will send you a copy and then ask
you for a donation.
- You can buy it from Amazon (I know it's sad but it's hard to
distribute abroad): https://ima.vado.li/
- If you are in Switzerland you can find it at L200: Langstrasse 200,
Zurich.

Last, but not least, you can help us finding an publisher with a
distribution in Europe, US, AUS or wherever!
We are open to make a new edition!

You are also welcome to write us for any feedback, comments, typos that
you may find!

We love to receive feedback in our mailbox!

CREDITS:
The book is a collective effort of my research group: C.I.R.C.E
(International Research Centre for Electric Convivialities) [circex.org/en]
The english edition came to life thanks to the proof reads of my beloved
friends Diane Ludin and Francesca da Rimini.

Grazie!
Agnese