[spectre] BORDERS OF FEAR: Migration, Security & Control - Nov 27-29

Tatiana Bazzichelli tbazz at disruptiv.biz
Thu Nov 26 11:18:44 CET 2020

Dear all,

despite the difficult times we keep our work going and I would like to
invite you to attend the next conference of the Disruption Network Lab
this weekend.

BORDERS OF FEAR: Migration, Security & Control
https://www.disruptionlab.org/borders-of-fear
November 27-29, 2020

We will be live from Studio 1, Kunstquartier Bethanien in Berlin while
the audience will be able to follow us online, for free. There isn't any
need of registration (you can just connect to our website, and we will
be there!). There will be a chat where you can ask questions to the
speakers.

During the conference, journalists, activists, advocates, lawyers,
researchers and critical thinkers unveil the persecution, control, and
cultural violence around borders & migration.

Here is the live stream schedule:

# Friday, November 27  · 2020

16:00—16:10 · OPENING

16:10—16:30 · SHORT FILM: Best of Luck with the Wall + TALK

Short Film by Josh Begley (Artist & Filmmaker, First Look Media / The
Intercept / Field of Vision, US) & Talk by Renata Avila (Lawyer, Author
& Advocate, GTM).

16:30—18:00 · PANEL: Migration, Failing Policies & Human Rights Violations

Sally Hayden (Freelance Investigative Journalist and Photographer, IE),
Philipp Schönberger (Coordinator, Refugee Law Clinic Berlin on Samos,
ihaverights.eu, DE), Franziska Schmidt (Coordinator, Refugee Law Clinic
Berlin on Samos, ihaverights.eu, DE). Moderated by Roberto Perez-Rocha
(Director for the International Anti-Corruption Conference Series at
Transparency International, MEX/DE).

18:45—20:15 ·  PANEL: Illegal Pushbacks and Border Violence

Hanaa Hakiki (Legal Advisor, ECCHR Migration Program, DE), Nicole Vögele
(Filmmaker and Reporter, CH), Dimitra Andritsou (Forensic Architecture
Borders Programme, GR/DE). Moderated by Likhita Banerji (Human Rights &
Technology Researcher, Amnesty International, IN/DE).

# Saturday, November 28 · 2020

16:00—16:10 · INTRO

16:10—16:30 · INVESTIGATION: Technological Testing Grounds

Petra Molnar (Lawyer & Researcher, Refugee Law Lab, European Digital
Rights EDRi, CA/GR)

16:30—17:30 · CONVERSATION: The Journey of Refugees from Africa to Europe

Yoseph Zemichael Afeworki (Student, ERI/ETH/LUX), Ambre Schulz (Project
Manager, Passerell, LUX). Moderated by Sally Hayden (Freelance
Investigative Journalist and Photographer, IE)

18:15—19:45 · PANEL: Politics & Technologies of Fear

Gaia Giuliani (Permanent Researcher, Centro de Estudos Socias /CES,
University of Coimbra, IT/PT), Claudia Aradau (Professor of
International Politics, Department of War Studies, King’s College
London, UK), Joana Varon (Founder at Coding Rights, Tech and Human
Rights Fellow at Harvard Carr Center, BR). Moderated by Walid El-Houri
(Researcher, Journalist & Filmmaker, Lead Editor at openDemocracy, LBN/DE).

# Sunday, November 29 · 2020

16:00—17:30 · COMMUNITY PANEL: Creating Safe Passages

Thomas Kalunge (Strategy advisor/Agile Project Manager, Migrant Media
Network / r0g_agency, KE/DE), Regina Catrambone (Co-founder and Director
of MOAS - Migrant Offshore Aid Station, IT/MLT), Mattea Weihe (Cultural
Mediator, Sea-Watch e.V., DE). Moderated by Michael Ruf (Writer &
Director, Mittelmeer-Monologe, DE).

The full programme and further information are here:
https://www.disruptionlab.org/borders-of-fear#programme

I look forward to seeing you online!

All the best,

Tatiana

--
Tatiana Bazzichelli // Artistic Director
Disruption Network Lab