[spectre] NOW: Viola Klein & Ndongo Samba Sylla / INF - Special

Therese Schuleit ts at elektronentoto.mobi
Thu Sep 10 22:36:52 CEST 2020

we are happy to announce ribs#18!
Tune in now: www.inbetweenspaces.net <http://www.inbetweenspaces.net/>

ribs #18  — Special: Indonesian Netaudio-Forum
21:00 - 00:00

After the show we will transmit the Indonesia Netaudio Forum (INF). The fourth edition has been severely affected by COVID19. They build initiatives to support each other through micro-scale networks in overcoming the condition by holding donations for the provision of free food. Some of them have swerved to do micro-scale business to withstands this pandemic economic situation, such as selling home-cooking foods. Of course, online live concerts for a country with a good internet infrastructure is relatively easy to organizer. For Indonesia however, this infrastructure is not yet at that stage, thus minimizing the possibility of performing live music concerts.

Support the artists and community by buying a virtual beer, while listening:
https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/woktherock <https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/woktherock>
(link is verified)

10.09.2020, ribs #18 — Viola Klein & Ndongo Samba Sylla

Cologne artist and producer Viola Klein recorded her current album "We" (Meakusma, Ominira, 2020) in Saint-Louis, Senegal with the Sabar drummers Abdou Aziz, Abdoukhadre and Adramé Diop. While the deep house music proposed by Whodat and Klein on their previous collaboration „Exchange“ (Meakusma, 2017) slowed the drummers down heavily, they release their whole energy here: playing flying Mbalax rhythms, with Whodat and Klein responding, giving glimpses of a futuristic floor.

The playlist represents Klein’s music and sound environment while working on „We“ and „Exchange“ in the USA and in Senegal. It includes audio messages from renowned economist and francophone Scrabble world champion Ndongo Samba Sylla from Dakar.