[spectre] NFT, Don't Mind Me

Pierre Wolter piewo at art-claims-impulse.com
Wed Apr 28 17:47:24 CEST 2021

*NFT - Don't Mind Me.
*
*Exhibition: 28.04.2021 – 29.05.2021*

We show:

*Mihai Grecu, Jörg Piringer, August Parot. *

Location: *Markgrafenstraße 86, 10969 Berlin

**From 24.04.2021 new Corona regulations apply in Berlin, which take
effect in our case. Admission only with a negative Corona rapid test or
PCR test
(both not older than 24 hours). In the rooms a FFP2 /OP mask must be
worn. Appointment via our booking softwere.

Book an appointment for the exhibit "NFT, Don't Mind Me." (Free of charge)
28.04.2021 - 29.05.2021
Wed - Sat 11am -7pm
Click on this link to open the calendar.
Book <https://www.sagenda.net/Frontend/Calendar/608522cc034e115090c757bb>
Available dates are marked with green and blue. Click on a point on the
selected day and select a time slot. Follow the instructions of the
booking process*

*Join our clubhouse event during the exhibition. (Date will be announced.)
Listen to a talk by media philosopher, Marie Molins (FR) targeting NFT
and its curiosity.
Livestreaming on Art Claims Impulse, 22.05.2021 6pm.

Please check our website for updates.

**With the event title NFT - Don't mind me, our gallery Art Claims
Impulse takes up the title of a work that is also shown in this
exhibition and opens the discourse space on the subject of the NFT
exhibition - Non-Fungible Token.
***

*The Non-Fungible Token is a non-exchangeable sign in the digital world
and serves as a certificate stamp to verify digital artworks, among
other things. The Non-Fungible Token emerged from the crypto scene and
works similarly to cryptocurrency with a programmed formula. The only
difference is that the cryptocurrency Bitcoin, for example, produces an
infinite number of Bitcoins with the same identity, whereas an NFT only
exists once. Each NFT is thus unique.*

**

*The possibility of digitally securing a media artwork labelled by an
NFT results in a new added value for digital art. A digital NFT is like
a piece of land. It exists only once. For the first time, media art can
sell works in a comparable way to, for example, painters, as the fear of
duplication of digital art seems to become null and void. This is a
significant step towards the recognition of digital art in the art
market. The question at this point is whether and how the NFT can change
the art market. Right after the auction sale of Beeple's digital collage
artwork at Chrisities, NFT has inflated into a bubble. It remains to be
seen where the bubble will go before it bursts.*

**

*NFT, Don't Mind Me refers to the state of the NFT bubble. The title
could be interpreted in two ways: either the NFT movement does not
perceive the artist, or the artist does not want to be perceived by the
NFT movement. With its ambiguity, NFT Don't mind me describes exactly
the threshold state in which we currently find ourselves with the NFT
bubble. The artists in the exhibition move in this space of discourse
and get a ticket for the bubble, but not without calculating the
bursting of the bubble.*

**

*NFT, Don't Mind Me refers to the state of the NFT bubble. The title
could be interpreted in two ways: either the NFT movement does not
perceive the artist, or the artist does not want to be perceived by the
NFT movement. With its ambiguity, NFT Don't Mind Me describes exactly
the threshold state in which we currently find ourselves with the NFT
bubble. The artists in the exhibition move in this space of discourse
and get a ticket for the bubble, but not without calculating the
bursting of the bubble.
*

*ACI*

--