[spectre] Station of Sounds / 12.02.2021 18–22 (CET) / Helsinki based audio stream

Station of Commons mail at stationofcommons.org
Thu Feb 11 09:43:06 CET 2021

Station of Commons is pleased to invite you to:

Station of Sounds online stream on:
https://stationofcommons.org/events/station-of-sounds-vol1

12.02.2021 - 18-22 (CET) based in MUU Gallery, Cable Factory Helsinki.
On 12.02.2021 will happen the first session of future recurrent event
Station of Sounds within Station of Commons. Station of Sounds is moment
of discussions on the mode of production of physical objects related to
sound form. What motivates the production of the physical object and how
to articulate the artistic and political discourse embedded within the
materiality of the object. During the session, four artists discuss
their relationship to sound through playing their own latest physical
production or releases of interest. After the discussion, we listen to
the record at stake played from turntable.

A event organized by Minerva Juolahti and Gregoire Rousseau.

Freja Bäckman (FI):
Freja Bäckman is a multidisciplinary artist, educator and researcher
based in Berlin and Helsinki, currently a resident at HIAP. Their
practice consists of performance, sound, text, installations and
workshops. They have recently published the vinyl record I was told I
chop wood like a ballet dancer (On Circles) with Coda Press/Scott
Elliott, in close collaboration with sound designer Manuela Schininà.

  Free Frags / Steeve Bauras (FR):
Free Frags is record label created in 2020 based in Paris. Free Frags
states that "The manufacturing principle of vinyl, a large scale
reproducible engraving, gives to this object a memory status that can be
compiled and archived". The aim is to create a specific object at
crossroads between sound and visual arts.

Samuli Tanner (FI):
Samuli Tanner is an electronic music composer & drummer from Finland.
His experimental electronic music has a strange appeal: clumsy on
purpose, sometimes dark, sometimes syrup, sometimes makes you dance,
sometimes falls to pieces. Samuli has previously worked under the names
Siihhi, Worldbank and Ponytail. He also works in groups like Myttys,
Tiiu Helinä, Mustat Kalsarit & Market.

MYÖS (FI), DJ's Cute Cumber & Valley Girl & Twenpettie:
MYÖS is a Helsinki based DIY collective, party platform and co-care
network for genre-fluid electronic music DJs, producers, organizers,
party lovers and allies of currently underrepresented actors in the
Helsinki club scene.

Station of Sounds Vol. I is arranged within Ääneen - Sonic Arts Month in
February 2021. The festival is realised in collaboration between MUU ry,
Äänen Lumo, and several actors in the local field of sonic arts. Due to
the recent development of the pandemic, the festival collaborates also
with Station of Commons.

https://stationofcommons.org
Station of Commons is a collaborative initiative on digital commoning
practices.

--
https://stationofcommons.org
Research project on digital commoning practices,