[spectre] 🔊[OPEN CALL] CREATION RESIDENCE - Arts | Technology | Science | Communities (Nave Ágora | Buenos Aires, Argentina 🗺️)
bernardopinero at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 16:27:31 CET 2021
🔊 *Dear all! How are you!?*
*We share information about the open call to apply for the *Creation
Residence* - Arts, Technology, Science & Communities - organized by *Nave*
*Ágora*, *Cultural Space-Laboratory of Civic and Community Innovation* -
based in Buenos Aires, Argentina *🗺️*.*
*Below you will find all the details.*
*We'll be waiting for you! Best regards!*
*Crew of Nave Ágora*
Mgr. Bernardo Piñero
Nave Ágora - Espacio-Laboratorio Cultural de Innovación Ciudadana y
www.naveagora.org || Cucha Cucha 2680, Paternal, Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos
WhatsApp / Telegram: +54 9 11 5890 3920
CREATION RESIDENCE - Arts | Technology | Science | Communities (Nave Ágora
| Buenos Aires, Argentina) Until April 30!
Nave Ágora launches its *3rd call* for those willing to participate in
Residence, to be held from *August to December 2021*, in Buenos Aires,
This call is primarily aimed at artists, researchers and cultural managers from
all around the world, who are interested in carrying out their creations,
productions and research during a residence of *up to 8 weeks* in Nave Ágora
, Cultural Space-Laboratory of Civic and Community Innovation.
The Creation Residence includes:
- Accommodation: individual private room (with a comfortable bed) and
- Meals: a variety of supplies and ingredients are included so that
residents can cook according to their preferences.
- Transfers: by car from and to the international airport or arrival and
departure bus terminal.
- Access to shared work areas: kitchen-dining room, classroom-workshop,
audiovisual studio and multipurpose large-room. It should be noted that
these spaces circulate assorted people in processes of creation, production
and research; in constant link with the community.
- Access to equipment, tools, furniture and other resources:
- Sound Art Laboratory: home studio for recording, editing and mixing
sound.Equipment and materials for the different stages of the audio chain.
- Audiovisual and Multimedia Laboratory: editing island, lighting,
video and photography room.
- Interaction Laboratory: electronics store, computer and
body-machine interfaces. Devices with Linux, Windows, OSX and Android
- Laboratory of Mechanisms and Machines: 3D printer, warehouse of
tools and machines for the construction, assembly and prototyping.
- Graphics and Printing Laboratory: color printer, high speed black
and white printer, scanner, shablon for screen printing, engraving press.
- Monitoring and project tutoring.
- One *Open Doors Day* for: Exhibition - Dissemination of processes and
- One *Cultural-Ecological Immersion Experience* per week, guided by the
Nave Ágora team, among which are:
- Expedition through Buenos Aires, urban, suburban, or neighboring
rural areas (Pampean fields).
- Navigation through the Río de la Plata, rivers and islands of the
Delta del Tigre (sailboat or kayak).
- Tour of a nearby ecological reserve.
- Visit to a traditional or emerging cultural space.
- Linkage with other cultural and academic spaces and projects in Buenos
Aires and Argentina.
- High speed Wi-Fi internet.
- Individual lockers with key.
- Garden pots for urban orchards.
Selection of proposals:
For the *selection of proposals* will be especially considered those that
could link arts, technologies and sciences, and ponder and work on some of
the critical thematic axes of Nave Ágora:
- Digital Culture
- Psychology, Mind Sciences and Neurosciences.
- Conscientious and Critical Technological Appropriation.
- Open Science.
- Arts and Community.
- Commitment and Civic Cooperation.
- Collective intelligence.
- Re-appropriation and redefinition of public space.
- Food Sovereignty
- Environmental care.
- Alternative Economies, Fair Trade and Financial Education.
- Responsible and Conscious Consumption.
- Gender equality.
During the proposal evaluation process, applicants may be contacted for a
Important dates and work schedule:
- *Application period*: March 15 to April 30, 2021.
- *Evaluation of proposals*: May 1 to 15, 2021.
- *Communication of selected projects*: May 20, 2021.
- *Creation Residences*: August to December 2021.
Kind of participation:
- *Social Contribution:* it is expected that in all cases residents can
offer the community an open and free activity of dissemination and social
linking: a talk, a workshop or some other process of reflection, training
or collective creation.
The residence calls for creators, researchers and cultural managers who
have their own or institutional funds (scholarships and/or other types of
The selected candidates can request our acceptance letter in order to be
presented to their academic, cultural organisms, etc., that require it.
Fee per person:
- Per week: 550 USD.
- Per month: 1900 USD.
- Latin American: 20% discount.
- During the Covid-19 Pandemic, Nave Ágora is in charge of managing
immigration permits with the relevant local authorities so that foreign
citizens can enter Argentina and remain in the country for the period of
- We carry out this management from here and in coordination with other
local governments, residents and institutions of their countries of origin.
- Nave Ágora and its residents undertake to comply with national and
international health protocols for arrival and stay in the country.
- Residents must have a valid Covid-19 Insurance for the period of
*MORE INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM:* https://naveagora.org/residence
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SPECTRE