[spectre] News From Where We Are # 4 - The Radical Friendship series |Furtherfield Podcast

marc.garrett marc.garrett at protonmail.com
Tue May 11 15:03:42 CEST 2021

Sorry for any cross posting...

News From Where We Are # 4 - The Radical Friendship series

Features Filippo Lorenzin, Auriea Harvey, Morehshin Allahyari, Josephine Bosma, Baruch Gottlieb, AGF (poem producer), the new single 'California Ideology' by Eryk Salvaggio' and People Like Us.

https://bit.ly/3beGj2U

In 2021 we celebrate 25 years of radical friendship at Furtherfield. We revisit and open up conversations with some of the fascinating and radical people with whom we have worked and collaborated through the years from the Internet to post-digital contexts. They are changing culture, their lives, and the lives of their communities.

In this episode, we are excited to bring you two excellent interviews by new media art critic and writer Filippo Lorenzin. The first with the pioneering artist Auriea Harvey about her new bodies of work - sculptures using digital processes and handwork to create physical artefacts and virtual spaces. The second interview is with artist Morehshin Allahyari about how her work deals with the political, social, and cultural contradictions we face every day.

Net art historian Josephine Bosma and artist, curator and thinker Baruch Gottlieb engage in a Post-Most talk, a playful theoretical conversation exploring the pros and cons of the use of the prefix 'post', in terms such as post-modern, post-digital etc.

As always these mind-expanding conversations are interspersed with special guest appearances of the finest experimental noisemakers and music, which includes: AGF (poem producer), the new single 'California Ideology' by Eryk Salvaggio's electro band, The Organizing Committee, and a short soundscape by ‘People Like Us’.

Image: Fauna by Auriea Harvey, Sculpture, 3d printed plaster and bronze, clay, natural fossil, paint.