[rohrpost] Ripsale

e at various-euro.com
Don Aug 12 11:38:30 CEST 2004

displaced dilemma @ OVERGADEN SOUND ART FESTIVAL COPENHAGEN

OVERGADEN - INSTITUTE OF CONTEMPORARY ART
Overgaden neden Vandet 17
DK-1414 København

http://www.soundartfestival.dk/

:: Friday  August 13 :: 20.00 ::

displaced dilemma - Rip, Mix & Burn + Point of Sale (Ripsale)
various euro (de) - Matze Schmidt (de) - mi_ga (lt/de)

http://www.soundartfestival.dk/performances.html

"Rip, Mix & Burn + Point of Sale (Ripsale)"

Cycle of Production 0.3 [11.08.2004]

                                   ---------
                                   |       | Screen
                slsk* mp3          |       | (Videobeam)     eBay Sell
                Download           ---------                 of CD

                    |                  ^                         ^
                    |                  |                         |
                    V      slsk mp3    |                         |
      Mix found    ___     Upload     ___         ___
      audio +     |___|              |___|       |___|       Burning #1
      HD mp3      \____\ ----------> \____\      \____\ ---> Audio-CD

                    1                  2           3

                    |                  |           ^
                    |                  |           |
                    --------------------           |
                              |                    | Signal to
                              |                    | Laptop 3
                              V     Signal to      |
                             ___    MP3Rec.        |
                  Signal to |:::|                  |
                  Mixer     |___| ---> [] ----------

                              |       ___
       Mini-FM      |_        |      |___|
       Transmission \_\~ <---------> \____\ Web Audiostream

                                       2
_____
* Soulseek

Copyleft (c) 2004 Matze Schmidt / various euro

What the **** is a Ripsale? If people really could download all the
(digitized material) they want and reprocess it would be the end of
capitalism, they say. But the question is not one of copyright, new
licences or money making. It is the question of production!
The displaced dilemma here is how to "rip, mix & burn" and sell NOT?
We download mp3, remix it, make a give away on soulseek, burn one
golden audio-cd, offer it on ebay, stream the sound of it all and
transmitt it via a local MHz frequency.

http://217.160.178.83/~modukit/displaced-dilemma/

livestream: pnm://217.160.178.83/encoder/radio.rm