[rohrpost] Sunday 18:30-20:00 Pirate Cinema: Special Event (Software Release)

The Oil of the 21st Century sebastian at rolux.org
Don Aug 9 21:31:07 CEST 2007

Dear friends,

in the last couple of months, we have been coding quite a lot.

The result is a rather unique kind of movie database, built on
top of file-sharing networks. Even though it's just a database
-- not a film archive, or a download site --, it has made most
of the people who have already taken a look at it very happy.

By now, we are beginning to be happy with it ourselves, and so
we would like to show it to you -- this Sunday, at 6:30 pm, at
Tucholskystrasse 6, 2nd floor --, have you play around with it
for a while, and then discuss some of the obvious, but in this
case rather interesting "Intellectual Property" questions that
may arise from it.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Jan Gerber and Sebastian Luetgert

P.S.: In case you cannot make it on Sunday, but want to take a
look at what we have built, just reply to this message or send
a mail to subscribe at oil21.org to subscribe to our announcement
list. The whole thing should be online next week -- as well as
accessible locally, in Tucholskystrasse. We will post the URL,
and further details, on Monday.

The Oil of the 21st Century
www.oil21.org oil21 at oil21.org

The Oil of the 21st Century is a project by Bootlab,
based on a concept by Partner gegen Berlin, produced
in cooperation with Sarai, The Thing and Waag Society,
and funded by the German Federal Cultural Foundation.