[rohrpost] "Kuhle Wampe Revisited" - Audio Visual Research Workshop in Berlin, July 4-12

Martyna Starosta martynastarosta at yahoo.de
Don Jun 16 16:11:06 CEST 2011

Audio Visual Research Workshop - "Kuhle Wampe Revisited"

With the New Yorker Collective Red Channels

How is it possible to invent new forms of solidarity in times of  imposed
capitalist absurdity? How can we define new spaces of struggle  against the
suffering of budget cuts, mass unemployment and nationalist  threat? And not
what is to be done, but how is it to be done?

“Kuhle Wampe, or Who Owns The World” was a communist avant-garde  cinema project
conceived in the Berlin summer of 1932, under an  atmosphere of no money, no
time, and extreme political oppression.  Immediately censored after its release
by both the German state and the  Soviet Union, Kuhle Wampe explores the tension
between the petite  bourgeoisie family and the principle of collective
solidarity.
We hope to facilitate a collective  response to the film, open to all.

Using video as our primary means of  documentation, we invite everybody to
collaborate with us on this  research project, which is open to any media or
practice.

We want to reimagine, retrace, remix, reenact, and reload Kuhle Wampe.
We want to film, perform, intervene, interrogate, walk, bike and sing Kuhle
Wampe.
We want to create a cinematic compilation of our collective responses to Kuhle
Wampe.

Free. Bring equipment if you have it.
Languages: German, English, Denglish.

Sign up to participate: martyna at redchannels.org