[spectre] list info + ars meeting

honor honor@va.com.au
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 11:34:51 +0100

hi,

janos wrote:

> >SPECTRE concentrates on the artistic and political situations of Eastern
> Europe to foster links of >communication and collaboration among media
> art communities throughout the continent.  This >network connects
> artists, activists, theorists, and media producers from 28 European
> countries >through both online and offline venues, embodying the tensions
> and conjunctions arising from the >cultural, geographic, and economic
> remapping of Europe.

well, this is just a personal point of view, but i found this definition
quite prescriptive and a bit restrictive.  i'm not sure its accurate to say
that we only concentrate on 'eastern european' situations, and given the
progress the syndicate made in trying to break down territorial
distinctions of identity, i feel that using terminology such as the above
might be regressive.

also, if members of [ spectre ] are from one of '28 european countries',
that counts me out already.  is it necessary to be _from_ one of 28
european countrries, in order to contribute to the list in some way?

anyway ....

regarding a meeting in linz - do we still want to do this?

who is available around lunchtime on tuesday 4 september (sometime between
1200 - 1400)?
shall we stick with the brucknerhaus bistro?  i think that's the easiest
location myself.  they always have lots of tables set up in the
brucknerhaus, just near the bistro so this seems to be a sensible option.

so let's have a textual show of hands - who can come at this time?
if this isn't a good time, feel free to suggest another time.

best

honor