[spectre] spectres partially uncovered?

Misko mpandil@soros.org.mk
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 15:05:37 +0100

Can a list like this one accommodate a multiple persona correspondent?
Does it want to? Are we a diehard community attached
to the myth of the integral, singular, unviolable individual (Feyerabend
showed Greek mosaic "individuals" of antiquity, patchworks of beliefs and
toythings of the gods, to be close in many ways to composite modern humans -
though hemlock's a good test for anybody's physical integrity any time). Hey
Melentie, maybe we have a good subject for next weekend? Balkanising
identities? Though I guess this is a permanent subject you're extremely well
versed in - just looks a bit novel from a cartesian viewpoint, even if we've
since embraced all kinds of bergsonian and post-modern and rhizomatic
phlogisten in my current part of the world.

Dear SJN,
Would you catre to speak about it during the conference?

Melentie
Melentie Pandilovski
Director
Contemporary Arts Center  - Skopje