[spectre] (no subject)

Timothy Druckrey druckrey@interport.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 22:03:16 -0400

Late evening here. The air in Brooklyn is thick with smoke. Stop. Bush just=
 spoke with complacent reassurance that revenge will take place. Stop.=
 Everyone has their cards on bin Laden though no substantial information is=
 there but for what they describe as intercepted cell phone calls. Stop.=
 Cell takes on as much a new meaning as 'spectre.'  Stop. Nothing is=
 concrete. Stop. The attempt to show that all will continue without=
 interruption is a farce. Stop. Shock rules. Stop. Everyone I have seen on=
 the street here in Brooklyn is dazed, faces covered with surgical masks or=
 handkerchiefs. Stop. Why we need to read little prose texts from per.verse=
 is beyond me. Stop. Don't think that we need poetic paeans to tragedy.=
 Stop. Don't continue to search for those responsible until we understand=
 what really happened. Stop. Everyone has some reasoned position for=
 unreason. Stop. The slaughter is real. Stop. Our vulnerability is obvious.=
 Stop. The fallacy of our superiority is over. Stop. More sirens stream=
 through my window. Stop. The relentless video's of 767's crashing into the=
 WTC.  Stop. More video of buildings falling. Stop. The 'cadaver dogs'=
 entering the 'ground zero. Stop. Violence and ideology are deeply=
 connected. Stop. We are all victims. Stop.