[spectre] CFront @ Konsequenz @ Shedhalle Zurich

Alain Kessi kessi@kein.org
Sat, 07 Dec 2002 13:06:52 +0100

Dear friends and colleagues,

after the presentation of the CFront book
<http://www.cfront.org/cf00book> last night at Shedhalle
<http://www.shedhalle.ch>, the CFront @ Konsequenz workshop is starting
today, as part of Frederikke Hansen's curatorial project "Konsequenz".
Every day from 2-6 pm, we will develop ideas and perspectives on the
topic of "Konsequenz": the contradictions between personal dreams and
ideas of what society should be like. In the workshop we will look at
how this question might pose itself differently, depending on whether
you are in Zurich or Sofia, or other Western or Eastern locations and
contexts. How has people's dreams and their view of society changed
within South-Eastern Europe over the past 13 years?

Besides the discussions, the workshop comprises a number of planned, and
perhaps some more spontaneous, actions and events (see program below for
the planned ones). Note that the chat announced for today is postponed,
announcement to follow tomorrow.

We would like to thank Shedhalle and especially Frederikke Hansen for
extending their hospitality to Communication Front.

Best regards,

Dimitrina & Alain

-----------------------

Communication Front @ Konsequenz

Workshop East-West

On one evening and seven afternoons we develop ideas and perspectives on
the relationship between individualization and society in East and West,
with an eye on differences and similarities between Bulgaria, Croatia,
Switzerland and other countries, and on the social and political
developments since 1989 in South-Eastern Europe, where great personal
and social dreams found their way to the surface after the Fall of the
Wall, only to be drowned again in a sea of desperation. We contribute,
as a possible starting point, some theses, provocations and materials,
but want to leave it to the discussion and the materials produced to
develop their own life and dynamic.

Friday, 6 December, 8 pm: World premiere: Presentation of the
Communication Front 2000 book; reading and discussion
(http://www.cfront.org/cf00book); afterwards Samichlaus-Bar (St.
Nicholas bar) and relaxed socializing.

Saturday, 7 December, 2-6 pm: Workshop; ATTENTION: the chat announced
for today is postponed. Exact date, time and specs for the chat will be
announced shortly. (5 pm till we drop: Chat live from Shedhalle with
participants in Communication Front and whoever else is interested.)

Sunday, 8 December, 2-6 pm: Performance: Phone interviews live from
Shedhalle with artists, theorists, media activists, both contributors to
the CFront book and other interested persons.

Monday, 9-Thursday, 12 December: Collaboratively develop and push
further ideas and produce materials.

Friday, 13 December, 2-6 pm: Wrap up, present what’s been collectively
developed, with Internet streaming into the world.