[spectre] Festival "Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin"

Inke Arns inke@snafu.de
Thu, 30 May 2002 14:01:38 +0200

From: "Rencontres internationales Paris/Berlin" <info@art-action.org>
Subject: MITTEILUNG - FESTIVAL "Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin"
Date sent: Wed, 22 May 2002 17:42:04 +0200

We write you to inform you about the Call for Entries we diffuse actualy f=
or the next
Paris/Berlin International Meetings, to diffuse this information. We send =
you a
Communiqu=E9 that resume all relevant informations to diffuse.

All informations about the festival, programs and catalogs are available o=
n our web site:
http://art-action.org

Paris/Berlin International Meetings is an interdisciplinary event, favouri=
zing contemporary
creation in different fields: movie, video, multimedia and sound creation.=
 This festival
proposes to
diffuse in Paris and Berlin an international programming for a large publi=
c, and to dynamize
exchanges between artists, filmmakers, professionals and cultural particip=
ants. It is now
the
first interdisciplinary event in Paris and Berlin.

The next festival will take place in Paris in Autumn 2002, and in
Berlin in Spring 2003. In 2001, the Paris/Berlin International
Meetings was supported by the french ministry for culture, the
Regional Council of Ile-de-France, the city of Paris, the Goethe
institut, the cultural TV channel Arte, the Unesco. This non-
commercial event is organised by roARatorio, a non-profit
organisation within artistic and cultural aim, whose Paris and
Berlin staff guarantee functioning and co-ordination.
http://art-action.org/en_soutien.htm

We want to break down the barriers between the different artistic
fields, as well as between their audience. We have created an
open event which will bring out both the idiosyncrasies and the
similarities between the different fields, creating an enhanced
artistic experience and encouraging a real experience and
encouraging a dialogue between the public, artists, producers
and people involved in artistic and cultural life. We believe that
works from several different fields, presented at the same
festival, will have a huge creative potential, from the point of view
of different types of audience meeting up, and of the artistic
works themselves.

The last Meetings have taken place in Berlin in June 2001. The
programming have presented more than 400 films and videos
from 50 countries, fictions, documentaries, experimental
movies, video art, on 35mm, 16mm, super 8 and video formats ;
several cartes blanches : to Dani=E8le Huillet and Jean-Marie
Straub, to Jean Rouch ; an audiovisual retrospective to Wolf
Vostell's work ; 30 performances, interventions, concerts ; 20
installations, sound, video or multimedia installations ; debates.
http://art-action.org/en_catalog_00_01.htm

Please contact us for all additional needed information. We
thank you for your attention, and look forward to hearing from
you. Best regards,

For the Meetings' staff
Nathalie H=E9non

PRESSE CONTACT
Tel: [+33] (0)1 42 45 83 37
Fax: [+33] (0)1 42 33 36 44
Email: presse@art-action.org
Site:  http://art-action.org

_______________________________
_______________________________

C O M M U N I Q U E ::: P R E S S
_______________________________
_______________________________

INFORMATION TO DIFFUSE AND FOWARD
CALL FOR ENTRIES: until the 30th of June, 2001

Paris/Berlin International Meetings is a interdisciplinary event,
favourizing contemporary creation in different fields: film, video,
multimedia and sound creation. This festival proposes to diffuse
in Paris and Berlin an international programming for a large
public, and to dynamize exchanges between artists, film-makers,
 professionals and cultural participants.

The next festival will take place in Paris in Autumn 2002, and in
Berlin in Spring 2003. This non-commercial event is organized
by roARatorio, a non-profit organization within artistic and cultural
aim.

THE CALL FOR ENTRIES is open for film cycles, 35mm,
16mm, super 8, and video, without any restriction of length or
type ; for installation, performance, multimedia and sound
creation cycles. Proposals are free, without any limitation of
country. All individual or organism can send one or several
proposals to the Meetings' programming.

CINEMA AND VIDEO CYCLES
** Fiction / short, medium, full length films - 35 mm, 16 mm,
super 8 and video
** Experimental film - 35 mm, 16 mm, super 8 ** Video art /
Experimental video - All video formats ** Documentaries - All
formats
** Animation movie - All formats

OTHER CYCLES
** Intervention - performance art, happening
** Installation - sound, video and multimedia
** Interactive writing - Network happening, online work, net art,
forum, CD-rom

Cinema and video proposals are received on VHS video copy.
All proposals are received by mail, enclosing the ENTRY FORM
filled, dated and signed, UNTIL THE 30TH OF JUNE, 2002. The
entry form, and all infomations about the Meetings, are available
on our web site http://art-action.org (posted in english, french,
german) on demand by email info@art-action.org  , or by fax
[+33] (0)1 42 33 36 44

Proposals are sent with the emplied entry form to the following
address : roARaTorio RIPB 51 rue Montorgueil 75002 Paris -
France