[spectre] AVM News June 2002

A Virtual Memorial A Virtual Memorial" <info@a-virtual-memorial.org
Fri, 31 May 2002 08:49:18 +0200

A Virtual Memorial News 2002/06
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
www.a-virtual-memorial.org
the New Media art project
by Agricola de Cologne -
is now updated in the new version of Flash (MX)
Please download the latest Flash 6.0 Player/plug-in
**********************************
Table of Contents:
*News
 **Violence Festival - Call for submissions

*Features of the Month June 2002
 **Artist of the Month Nicolas Clauss (France)
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
*News:
a)
In the last newsletter, I made a mistake concerning
the exhibition 'Mirror at the Bottom - artists portraiting themselves"
it will go online in the first week of July,
together with a new version of the last year's project
"Fields of Identity: Graffiti". This latter project
will be completely reconstructed and include
some additional works.

b) in May, after I published the last newsletter,
I started the "call for entries"
for an online exhibition, simply entitled "Violence"
I am organizing and curating
in the framework of
Violens Festival in T=E1bor (Czech Republic).
All friends of A Virtual Memorial are cordially invited to participate.
See details and submission form on
http://www.a-virtual-memorial.org/violence.htm
or www.newmediafest.org
Deadline 15 June.

c)
In June several net based "Moving Pictures"
originating from
www.a-virtual-memorial.org
participate in

*Con|text - Stasis_Space - curated by John Kannenberg (UK)
*Visions Festival at St.Kilda Film Festival (Australia)
*Free Manifesta at Manifesta 4 in Frankfurt (Germany)
*Arte por Borges at Centro de Arte Moderno Quilmes (Argentina)
*IV SALON Y COLOQUIO INTERNACIONAL DE ARTE DIGITAL Havanna  (Cuba)

The article about 'A Virtual Memorial'
'A Memorial as Process - A Model of the World'
published on
*The Arts Paper (USA) -
http://www.taparts.org/AprilMay2002/cologne.html

***Features of the Month

The Subject of the Month
**Luck! - providence or miracle?

Selected Memorial Days in June

*05 June 2002  World Environment Day
*06 June 1944  D-Day - Normandy Invasion
*25 June 1950  Begin of Korean War
*28 June 1919  Versailles Treaty - end of World War I

*The Features of the Month are monthly changing
collections of multimedia works and links which form in the
totality of the composition an artwork of theirown
to be created on a webpage of theirown
within the Memorial project.*
Features:

Subject of the Month : Luck! -  providence or miracle?

Perception 0
*Featured Artist of the Month
Nicolas Clauss, French media artist and his
net based work "Dervish Flowers"

Perception 1 =3D Luck
Perception 2 =3D Belief
Perception 3 =3D Medicine
Perception 4 =3D Nature
Perception 5 =3D Science
Perception 6 =3D Society
Perception 7 =3D Stories
Perception 8 =3D True Lies: Paradise' on Earth"

Visit the Memorial
www.a-virtual-memorial.org

All the best,

Wilfried Agricola de Cologne
info@a-virtual-memorial.org
www.a-virtual-memorial.org
Memorial project against the Forgetting and for Humanity -
ongoing New Media art project by Agricola de Cologne
A short description as PDF file for free download from
http://www.a-virtual-memorial.org/downloads/pdf/pdf.htm

Updated in Flash MX. Optimized for MS IE 6.0+ and NN 6.0+, VGA 1024x768

A Newsletter
is a free  InformationsService of
NewMediaArtProjectNetwork Public Relations
pr@nmartproject.net

NewMediaArtProjectNetwork
-the experimental platform for the arts-
www.le-musee-divisioniste.org
www.javamuseum.org
www.a-virtual-memorial.org
www.engad.org
www.agricola-de-cologne.de
www.nmartproject.net
www.newmediafest.org

copyright =A9 2000-2002 by AGRICOLA de Cologne
All rights reserved.