[spectre] NETMAGE 04, Bologna, 21-24 January, 2004

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Fri Jan 9 10:39:33 CET 2004

Xing   and   'Made and Played on --> TDK'
present

NETMAGE 04
Creative and Innovative Images on Art, Media, Communication
international festival - 4th edition

Bologna, 21-24 January, 2004

From the 21st to the 24th January 2004, during Arte Fiera, the city
of Bologna will host the fourth edition of Netmage, an international
festival aimed to explore media innovation within the context of
electronic arts.

Netmage 04, focussing on multi-media design, live media acts (sound
and images played live with an audience) and cutting-edge styling,
will work as a meeting point for multi-media artists, vjs, musicians,
performers from all over Europe, USA, Ukraina and Canada.

The festival, spread in different locations throughout the city (Sala
Borsa, Raum, Cassero), will include an International Live Media
Floor, electronic live-sets, performances, installations, new
productions, a series of special events featuring international
guests performing live electronic music along with an innovative use
of images, and a series of afternoon workshops. The audience will
also have access to a special library containing materials related to
artists and guests.

SPECIAL GUESTS: Kim Cascone (USA), Z_e_l_l_e (I), Radian (A), The
User (Can), Richard Chartier (USA), Wang Inc. (I), Philippe Petit
(F), Rechenzentrum (D), Otolab (I), Scanner (Uk), Thomas Koener (D),
Mou, Lips! (I), Teamtendo (F), Saule (B).
INTERNATIONAL LIVE MEDIA FLOOR: Strohmann/Bruckmayr/Jade (A),
Mylicon/EN-Domenico Sciajno (I), SKoltz_Kolgen (Can),  Mugen (I),
  Akuvido (D/Ukraina).
PERFORMANCE : Fanny & Alexander/A.Zapruder Filmmakersgroup (I).
WORKSHOPS: V2 (NL), Rechenzentrum (D), Philippe Petit (F), Tonne:
Sound Toys (UK), Otolab (I).

A CD compilation of 13 audio-tracks by the artists from the 2004
edition has been produced by Netmage and 'Made and Played on TDK'
 and distributed by the music magazine The Wire - January 04 issue.

Netmage festival  was conceived and created by Xing, a cultural
network based in  Bologna and  Milan operating in Italy and abroad,
with the purpouse of planning, supporting and promoting products and
events characterized by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture.

Netmage 2004 is supported by:Fondazione del Monte di Bologna e
Ravenna, Comune di Bologna, Provincia di Bologna, Regione
Emilia-Romagna. In collaboration with: Sala Borsa, Circolo Arcigay Il
Cassero, Goethe-Institut Mailand, Ambasciata d'Olanda, Ambasciata del
Canada, ArteFiera. Media partners: The Wire, Zeroedizioni, ffwd
-Visual magazine.

Netmage 04
office:
c/o Raum   Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d    Bologna     Italy
tel ++39.051.331099 info at netmage.it   info at xing.it    www.netmage.it
    www.xing.it
press:
tel ++39.335.5727161 o ++39.328.5794261 pressoff at xing.it

NETMAGE 04
Creative and Innovative Images on Art, Media, Communication
international festival - 4th edition

Bologna, 21-24 January, 2004

PROGRAM

Wednesday 21 January
Cassero
H 22.00
Netmage 04 Opening
[The User] (Can)

Thursday 22 January
Sala Borsa
H 17.00 Sala Borsa Workshop
Alex Adriaansens: V2
H 21.30 Sala Borsa Live Media Floor
Mylicon/EN-Domenico Sciajno (I)
Skoltz_Kolgen (Can)
H 23.00 Sala Borsa Meridiana
Kim Cascone (USA)
Z_e_l_l_e (I)
Radian (A)

Raum
H 21.00-21.30-22.00 Performance/Installation for video and ondes Martenot
Fanny & Alexander/A.Zapruder filmmakersgroup: "Villa Venus (il
giardino delle  delizie)" (I)

Friday 23 January
Sala Borsa
H 17.00 Sala Borsa Workshop
Rechenzentrum present dvd "Director's cut" - Mille Plateaux (D)
H 18.00 Sala Borsa Workshop
Otolab present "videomoog" project. (I)
H 21.30 Sala Borsa Live Media Floor
Strohmann/Bruckmayr/Jade (A)
Mugen (I)
H 23.00 Sala Borsa Meridiana
Richard Chartier (USA)
Saule (B)
Wang inc./Saul Saguatti: "Woods Roads" (I)

Cassero
H 24.00
Thomas Köner: "Banlieue du vide" (D)
H 01.30
Philippe Petit (F)
Rechenzentrum (D)

Raum
H 21.00-21.30-22.00 Performance/Installation for video and ondes Martenot
Fanny & Alexander/A.Zapruder filmmakersgroup: "Villa Venus (il
giardino delle  delizie)" (I)

Saturday 24 January
H 17.00 Sala Borsa Workshop
Tonne presents "Soundtoys" project (F/Uk)
H 18.00 Sala Borsa Workshop
Philippe Petit presents Bip_Hop label (F)
H 21.30 Sala Borsa Live Media Floor
Akuvido (Hanna Kuts & Viktor Dovhalyuk) (D/Ukraina)
Otolab (I)
H 23.00 Sala Borsa Meridiana
Scanner: "52 Spaces" (Uk)
Kontakt der Jünglinge (Thomas Köner/Asmus Tietchens) (D)
Mou, Lips! (I)

Cassero
H 24.00
Tatiana, GGTarantola, Bo130, Unz, Microbo, Dario Panzeri, Matteo
Mariano: "Un'impurità non calcolata" (I)
H 01.00
Tonne (Uk)
Teamtendo (F)
H 02.00
Little Fluffy Luke (Resident Dj Cassero)
Francesco del Garda (NGDM Network/ndgm.org)

Venues:
Sala Borsa, Piazza Nettuno 3
Cassero - Circolo Arcigay, via Don Minzoni 18
Raum, Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d

Tic kets:
Daily Ticket: 15 euro
(Sala Borsa/Live Media Floor + Sala Borsa/Meridiana + Cassero/Night
program + Raum)
Cassero/Night program: 7 euro (+ Arci Card)
Rum/Performance only: 3 euro
4 Days Ticket: 35 euro
Workshop: Free Entry

Infoline: