[spectre] International Support Letter for Steven Kurtz / CAE + DESIGNER BODIES

Iliyana Nedkova iliyana at mediascot.org
Wed Jun 2 11:49:13 CEST 2004

Hi Eric and all,

In early April this year New Media Scotland welcomed Steve Kurtz for
the first time to Edinburgh to take part in DESIGNER BODIES
International Symposium. Little did we all know that a tragedy was
starting to unfold a month or so later... Over 70 people attended the
Symposium and were extremely impressed by his presentation. I believe
we can potentially ask all who attended to sign up such a support
letter. All Symposium contributors have already been alerted to
http://www.rtmark.com/CAEdefense/.

For those of you who haven't had a chance to experience or want to
revisit DESIGNER BODIES  see some background details below.

-Iliyana Nedkova
Edinburgh

"Designer Bodies serves as the centerpiece of a season of events, all
taking a closer look at advances in biotechnology and human
genetics,...and the interface between art and science" - Jack Mottram,
The List

DESIGNER BODIES
featuring Christine Borland, Gina Czarnecki, Jacqueline Donachie and
Gair Dunlop
curated by Iliyana Nedkova
co-produced by New Media Scotland and Stills

This week is your last chance
ONLY TILL Sunday | 6 June 2004

Daily | 11am  – 6pm |  Admission Free
Stills | 23 Cockburn Street | Edinburgh
0131 622 6200 | http://www.stills.org

NEXT | Coming up on www.mediascot.org and www.stills.org
Audio-visual Highlights from DESIGNER BODIES | International Symposium
| Saturday, 3 April  2004 | Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art,
Edinburgh | featuring Alan Bleakley (UK) | Steve Kurtz (US) | Jens
Hauser (G/Fr) | Warren Neidich (US/UK) | Bronac Ferran (UK) | Bergit
Arends (G/UK) | Chris Byrne (UK) |  Christine Borland (UK) | Gina
Czarnecki (Aus/UK) | Gair Dunlop (UK) | Keith Skene (UK)

"I really enjoyed the Symposium and found it thought provoking in a lot
of ways that were unexpected. It was really excellent" -Susan Bleakley,
artist, Cornwall

For further details please contact:
Iliyana Nedkova | Associate Curator  | New Media Scotland
P.O. Box 23434 | Edinburgh EH7 5SZ | +44 131 477 3774
iliyana at mediascot.org | http://www.mediascot.org

On 2 Jun 2004, at 10:16, mollybh at netspace.net.au wrote:

Hi, Eric and Barbara,
I had thought we might start, considering the networked properties of
the CAE
work and probability that we had read their writings and books and had
them on
our shelves...that we could start a site or a list of artists who claim
also
to be collaborators! How many people can those m*th*rs work on at once?
:')
Molly