[spectre] International Support Letter for Steven Kurtz / CAE

Barbara Lattanzi threads at wildernesspuppets.net
Thu Jun 3 00:17:47 CEST 2004

At 05:16 AM 6/2/2004, you wrote:
>Hi, Eric and Barbara,
>I had thought we might start, considering the networked properties of the CAE
>work and probability that we had read their writings and books and had
>them on
>our shelves...that we could start a site or a list of artists who claim also
>to be collaborators! How many people can those m*th*rs work on at once? :')
>Molly

Hi Molly.

I think that the solidarity of a letter would be a strong place to
start.  But the simple naming of people as collaborators might be
problematic, since it is not true until it's true. (In the U.S. we are
dealing with enough public fictions these days I think)

Instead, your suggestion of a discussion list devoted to CAE's work might
be useful as a way to (1) exchange ideas about underlying issues, (2)
publically promote CAE work, and (3)  pool info in resisting government
harrassment of anyone involved in developing "open source" cultural
tools/tactics for understanding and engaging biotechnology outside its
neoliberal industrial frame.

About my 2nd point on that list... I am not sure what that means - maybe
just trying to get CAE more gigs, reviews, publications, whatever... plus
integrating their work into school study material in whatever number of
forms that a teacher can invent.

Barbara

Barbara Lattanzi
www.wildernesspuppets.net