[spectre] like a sore thumb eh

kranenbu at xs4all.nl kranenbu at xs4all.nl
Sun Sep 25 11:07:11 CEST 2005

Dear Rene, Really? You think it is an absurd figure? You are so
knowledgeable about Bulgaria? Hmm. Here are some figures from 2000:
he majority of adult Bulgarians, from all social groups and social
strata, do not see particular prospects for improving their lives, neither
the life of their children. More than 80 per cent consider that most
people in Bulgaria do not have possibility to improve the quality of their
life.

Special attention deserves the statement concerning the horizons before
young people. Here again the public opinion is unanimous. The great part
(84 per cent) of all surveyed state, that young people do not have good
prospects in Bulgaria.
http://www.asa-bg.netfirms.com/documents/quality_of_life.htm
 Of the young people aged between 18 and 35, 71 per cent tend to be
willing to move themselves or advise other people of the same age to do
so. These figures are from a 2000 query: (Main results of the second phase
from a targeted social research, conducted by the Agency for Social
Analyses in 2000)
http://www.asa-bg.netfirms.com/documents/quality_of_life.htm Now, I'm so
sorry rene you got me! I am wrong by 1 percent:
http://www.sofiaecho.com/article/lost-youth/id_3567/catid_27 93 precent
not 94 MEA MEA CULPA of the young bulgarians (check out what the SOFIA
echo com of september 25 claims:

Of the sample interviewed, aged between 15 and 30, 12 per cent said they
wanted to leave forever and 24 per cent said they wanted to leave but
could not afford to.

If the poll is to be believed, its conclusions are disturbing but not
surprising.

Lured by the glitter of the West, young Bulgarians appear to share the
disillusionment of their elders regarding the leadership of their country,
a disillusionment most notably recently reflected in the low turnout for
the presidential election.

In turn, that disillusionment has been born of the slow pace of economic
growth.

This globalising age means that every country must have an arsenal of
information technology and other high-tech skills if it is to be
competitive; but funding such an arsenal requires the capacity to pay
competitive salaries.

It may also be that the younger end of the range of those polled are too
young to have a sense of ownership of the changes which brought democracy
to this country. They lack a concomitant commitment to help put the
country in its rightful place among the success stories of European free
market economies.

For the older group among the sample, it may be that no new vision of....
http://www.sofiaecho.com/article/lost-youth/id_3567/catid_27 So yes you
got me by one percent, shocking indeed but I would not call that absurd.
Also you cannot vote for me Rene, I'm not into politics so my reliability
lies not in statistics. From my Bugarian contacts I could even get a
clearing on 95 or 96 percent whatever as there kids all want to leave or
are leaving. If you have a problem with the statistic, take it up with
them,
Greetings, Rob.