[spectre] Project SVEN - Zürich performanc e 12 July

Amy Alexander plagiari at plagiarist.org
Mon Jul 10 23:03:28 CEST 2006

SVEN - Beach and World Van Tour '06 continues in Zürich this Wednesday 12 July

Escher-Wyss-Platz. Zürich. Look for a cargo van, probably white.
Hosted by the Digital Art Weeks Conference:
http://www.jg.inf.ethz.ch/wiki/DAW/Front.
(Drive on July 12 3pm; Talk on July 13 - see site for details.)

Project SVEN:
http://deprogramming.us/sven

SVEN (Surveillance Video Entertainment Network):  the project that asks the
question, "If computer vision technology can detect when you look like a terrorist,
criminal, or other nasty type - why not have it detect when you look like a rock star?"

Coming up: SVEN in San Jose, USA
ISEA 2006 / Zero One San Jose Symposium
http://01sj.org

and semi-spontaneous drives in the San Diego area.

Coming this fall:
SVEN open source computer vision software for public spaces.

SVEN is being developed on an ongoing basis, so changes to software and
presentation are made continually.

SVEN Development/Production Team '06: Amy Alexander, Wojciech Kosma, Vincent
Rabaud
Production Assistants/Roadies: Marilia Maschion, Annina Ruest
Initial SVEN Development by: Amy Alexander, Jesse Gilbert, Nikhil Rasiwasia

More info, pictures, videos, and theoretical text:
http://deprogramming.us/sven
Contact: sven06 (fill_in_the_symbol) deprogramming.us

--
Note -  Mail sent to the email address in the header may or may not actually
reach me! A current, fully-functional address for me can always be found at the