[spectre] Re: spectre] Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

Louise Desrenards louise.desrenards at free.fr
Wed Jul 19 21:46:23 CEST 2006

On 19/07/06 19:27, "Heiko Recktenwald" <uzs106 at uni-bonn.de> probably wrote:

> Louise,

>>> 40 % or so are muslim, right? Hezbollah is "Arab Nation", Syria, Iran
>>> (not Arab),
>>>

>> ... So what, please? I ask for more information; I do not understand why you
>> want mean so I cannot answer.
>>

> I think "representative army" does not matter much, Israel may not
> overreact anyway, Art 2 IV UN charta or not, and what is
> "unproportional" or "overreaction" is the question. Two soldiers vs
> rockets on Beirut etc?

To finish with the explanations, I suggest that we examine the complexity
only from the public claiming related in Press media (I do not parish on the
truth; I search the sense coming out of the messages):

Ehud Olmert himself at the beginning of the hostilities claimed that rockets
thrown by Hezbollah (coming from Palestinian refugee zones in the South) on
Haifa were not imputed to representative government of Lebanon; but, he
said, "Lebanon is responsible of what happens from his territory to other
territory". It is a proof that under the international conventions regarding
the legitimate war reply, two prisoner soldiers to be liberated were not a
credible argue that enemy would have declared the war by a matter of fact
the reply would be the proper war itself.

First: out of the question of the prisoners it is exactly the role of the
rockets on Haifa. Legitimate the war of Israel in Lebanon.

Second: at the moment the first rockets on Haifa were thrown it confers the
mode of wars of independence in the former colonies and the question of
tactical relationship of the revolted clandestine army with the borders of
the bordered countries ‹where they have material structures‹: it is a
classical disposition of the situation. This has never allowed any state to
attack the bordered country in reply. At this point there were sometimes
secret commandos to act fast reprisals to the clandestine enemy but never
against the people and never bombs on the bordered country. But Israel
currently.

In Tribune of Geneva they say (do not remember which article so much there
are now http://www.tdg.ch/tghome.results.html? )that Hezbollah at first
claimed the rocket on Haifa was not from their acts... (the first rockets
not the following ones);  what comforts the international hypothesis more
coming from Israelis themselves (see my quotation) of a provocation. More
there was no victim in Israel from these rockets which justify reprisals by
hundred deaths under the bombs on Lebanon.

What is thrown to Lebanon are not rockets but bombs; Beirut is bombed. The
south is bombed, infantry has officially entered South Lebanon.

All appears such as Baghdad and Iraq bombing to begin the war any years
ago...

In Jerusalem no body appears really anxious of what they are risking in
matter of bare war impact to the city. They are just anxious (a culpability)
to Lebanese telling that Lebanon was not the good target but Syria.

> See also Antoine Rougier in Revue General du Droit International Public
> 1892 or something with references to "Syria" in 1840 etc. The "Lebanon"
> is special and has allways been so.
>
> Not to mention Cyprus, as if Cyprus would need experiments...
>
> And http://www.taz.de/pt/2006/07/19/a0037.1/text ,

I do not understand Germanic but trust the interest of your quotation.

> Best, H.

>From my part I prefer close the subject, because we cannot tell more than we
have said to explain the situation and the parts.

I persist to think that calling for sign the petition to condemn the war ( I
repeat the link:
http://julywar.epetitions.net ) is relevant but more the very only track of
sympathy that we can give to Lebanese people who have asked for: that ones
who cannot leave their city even the bombs.

Of course this will not stop the war but it is a testimony of solidarity to
people who are bombed while still the cry their broken and dead civilian
bodies more the destruction of that it stayed up of their antiquity from the
last war, more the destruction of their capital city.

Say Lebanon is singular or special it is not a valuable explanation to
refuse the sign to whom calls it.

Best

( Paris, in my computer room by 40°c ;-)

L.