[spectre] Re: spectre] Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

Heiko Recktenwald uzs106 at uni-bonn.de
Wed Jul 19 19:27:46 CEST 2006

Louise,

Louise Desrenards wrote:

>>> the moment the representative army of Lebanon has not
>>> assaulted Israel.
>>>
>> 40 % or so are muslim, right? Hezbollah is "Arab Nation", Syria, Iran
>> (not Arab),
>>

> ... So what, please? I ask for more information; I do not understand why you
> want mean so I cannot answer.

I think "representative army" does not matter much, Israel may not
overreact anyway, Art 2 IV UN charta or not, and what is
"unproportional" or "overreaction" is the question. Two soldiers vs
rockets on Beirut etc?

See also Antoine Rougier in Revue General du Droit International Public
1892 or something with references to "Syria" in 1840 etc. The "Lebanon"
is special and has allways been so.

Not to mention Cyprus, as if Cyprus would need experiments...

And http://www.taz.de/pt/2006/07/19/a0037.1/text ,

Best, H.