[spectre] Re: spectre] Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

rene beekman r at raakvlak.net
Thu Jul 20 07:34:31 CEST 2006

On Jul 19, 2006, at 12:58, Aliette wrote:
> The petition is written by 'Lebanese intellectuals not by "west
> european
> intellectuals".

please read my original mail again.
i never made any claims as to who wrote the petition.
in fact, quite the opposite
you would have known if you would have properly read my mail

> This petition declares that Lebanon is assaulted by the representative
> army
> of Israel: I do not see where yourselves can see an alternative in this
> declaration at the moment the representative army of Lebanon has not
> assaulted Israel. It argues of laws in matter of offense by a state to
> another state which are installed by the conventions of Geneva which
> was
> respected even by US in Viet Nam or French in Algeria to the borders
> and the
> countries of the borders where they were refugees helping the
> resistance.
>
> Hezbollah is not the representative army of Lebanon.

sorry, this has nothing to do with my arguments
again, you have not read my mail properly
and i refuse to change the discussion

> Or you do not know of the history of independences from
> colonialisms... More
> you misunderstand of the question of Palestinian territories statement
> since
> Oslo. You forgot Rabin's inside murder, you forgot of Lewinski's
> affair and
> you forgot so much more of the question of Israel to US power and from
> US
> power to Israel and to otherness.
>
> Remember Sabra and Chatila; Chatila yet now is a camp of Palestinian
> refugees.
> http://www.thomascrown.com/Chatila.htm
>
> Do you know what has happened at Jenin?

thank you very much for calling me ignorant!!!
i do know history though
i just claimed that your version of it is one-sided
and in your reply - see the quote above - you do the exact same thing.
once again, in your version victims only exist on one side of the
battle-line.
the isreali children that were killed by hezbollah rockets do not
appear anywhere in your version of "the history". they are not even a
footnote!

the lebanese authors of the petition have their own agenda - which has
everything to do with their daily lives.
your personal political agenda is a different one
one that i referred to as typical "west european intellectualism"  and
which makes my stomach turn with it's self appointed moral superiority,
it's deliberate distortion of any information into a political tool
that is only to be used to further the political goals.
(as a beside; all of these, as far as i'm concerned, based on a black
and white, cold-war model of the world and it's division in good and
evil).

your argumentation is passionate to the point where sentences break
down grammatically and become near impossible to understand. but imho
it lacks reason, balance and is ill informed.
your comments and political opinion - both of which i object to - imho
have smeared the sincerity with which the authors of the original
pamphlet would have set out to write it.

this is far beyond any observations and comments that i intended to
make on your political pamphleteering.
i refuse to go into an email discussion over who's right or wrong in
this entire (middle east) conflict. to think that it can be reduced to
a few emails and some quotations from newspapers, imho is absurd.

rene