[spectre] not just an invitation to the hive un-launch

Heiko Recktenwald uzs106 at uni-bonn.de
Sat Jun 9 11:08:18 CEST 2007

> Now we invite you to explore the current development phase of the
> project and hear about art projects past, present and future. We welcome
> media practitioners, curators, organisers and researchers to examine the
> project, give advice and come up with ideas for future developments.
>
> www.hivenetworks.net

http://www.hivenetworks.net/tiki-index.php?page_ref_id=42

Zeroconf is a must see.

Well, I gave up, but it is basically what makes a iTunes server visible
in an iTunes client in the same net without any any traditional
nameservice. DNS is more easy, but also hierarchical. It is an
interesting area of research, what you can do with zeroconf in reality
outside of iTunes etc with other servers and may be other nets. There is
not much broadcasting in the net.