[spectre] not just an invitation to the hive un-launch

Andreas Broeckmann ab at tesla-berlin.de
Mon Jun 11 21:58:17 CEST 2007

hey armin,

the insinuation in your message is difficult to understand. you know
me, you know inke, you have been following this list and its
predecessor for 11 years (which, as you know, have always been open
and unmoderated), and you (should) know how the mailman software and
spam filters work. - in any of this, do you find reason for this
'speculation' of yours?

why do you prefer to mistrust those who maintain the list, rather
than consider alternative reasons? i can only speculate...

regards,

-a

ps: like this message of yours, every message is posted automatically
that gets sent to the spectre list from an address that is subscribed
to the list.

messages only get trashed (again, automatically) if:
- they come from an address that is not subscribed
- they contain attachments
- they use formating, marked up links, etc., which the spam filter
recognises as
spam (see note below)
- they have a volume of more than 40 K.

in these cases, the messages get deleted automatically. please, believe me that
inke and i have much better things to do than 'control' what gets posted to the
spectre list or not. our main work is to keep the channel as spam-free as
possible, and to avoid the completely unnecessary pleasures of 4 MB attachments
and multi-colour, multi-size fonts.

if your message does not appear on the list, try sending it as 'plain text' -
you can select this option in the preferences/options of your e-mail software.

best regards,
-a

read more at:
http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html