[spectre] CALL for proposals: SPECTROPIA_art+communication_2008

Rasa Smite rasa at rixc.lv
Mon Apr 7 13:09:25 CEST 2008

(((((((((((((((((( http://rixc.lv/08 ))))))))))))))))))

Art+Communication X:
S P E C T R O P I A
October 16-19, 2008 in Riga, Latvia.

...Electromagnetic fields are biologically active. Emitting from
every electronic device, electromagnetic fields affect our body and
the living nature. They interact with the natural emissions and
intersect the boundaries of our planet. Invisible and omnipresent,
electromagnetic fields have become ghosts of the modern world...

The 10th edition of the international festival "Art+Communication",
organised by RIXC, will take place in October 16-19, 2008, in Riga,
Latvia.  Entitled SPECTROPIA, this year festival exhibition continues
artistic explorations within the invisible space of electromagnetic
spectrum surrounding us.

The festival programme will feature 3-day SPECTROPIA exhibition with
live events, workshops and artists presentations. It will be
accompanied by international conference, performances, film and video
screenings.

CALL for proposals (for 3-day exhibition with live events):

Artists who think that their work fits the main theme of
"spectropia", are invited send a brief description of the work plus
Links, and other relevant information, to: rixc at rixc.lv
(and/or to: <rasa at rixc.lv> (Rasa Smite))

There are no restrictions, however, we would prefer work which is in process/
performative/ in action, requires artist's assistance and possibly visitor's
participation/ action though the work can be demonstrated as well.

DEADLINE:

for proposals - April 21, 2008

CONTACT INFO:

RIXC, Centre for New Media Culture