[spectre] NETMAGE 09 - intl live-media festival - Bologna 22>24.1.09

XING info info at xing.it
Thu Dec 18 11:21:10 CET 2008

Xing
presents

Netmage 09
international live-media festival - 9th edition

22>24 January 2009
Bologna - Italy

The ninth edition of the Netmage festival
(Bologna, 22-24 January 2009) will present, in
the historical castle of Palazzo Re Enzo, an
unpredictable scenario of contemporary
audiovisual research featuring live media, live
cinema, concerts, performances, sound and visual
installations.

Netmage festival, focusing on multi-media design,
electronic arts and cutting-edge style, works as
a meeting point for video-makers, multi-media and
visual artists, musicians and performers from
Europe, South and North America and Asia. In its
ongoing investigation, Netmage presents some of
the latest trends in live media. Together with
research on essential aspects of perception and
the intersection of visual and acoustic
phenomena, the festival introduces a very wide
range of approaches.

Featuring: Pete Swanson/John Wiese/Liz Harris
(USA), Pierre Bastien (F), ATAK NIGHT: Keiichiro
Shibuya (JP), Evala (JP), Growing (USA), Keiji
Haino (JP), Invernomuto (I), Sunburned  Hand of
the Man (USA), Emeralds (USA), Nemeth/Lotte
Schreiber (A), Andrea Dojmi/Flushing Device (I),
Mudboy (USA), Black Dice (USA), The
Skaters/Roland Lethem (USA/B), Pascal
Battus/Kamel Maad (F), Mattin/"     " [sic]
Goldie (Basque Country/UK), Thomas
Ankersmit/Valerio Tricoli (NL/I), Virgilio
Villoresi/Dominique Vaccaro/Angstarbeiter (I),
Camilla Candida Donzella (I), Bock & Vincenzi
(UK).

The complete programme of Netmage 09 (including
the following sections: Mangrovia, Live Media
Floor, Megascope and Performing Arts) will be
made available in december 2008.

Netmage festival was conceived and created by
Xing, a cultural network operating in Italy and
abroad, with the purpose of planning, supporting
and promoting products and events characterized
by an interdisciplinary approach toward the
issues of contemporary culture.
Artistic direction: Daniele Gasparinetti, Andrea
Lissoni. Performing Arts: Silvia Fanti.
International Live-Media Floor: Lino Greco,
Riccardo Benassi.

Netmage 09 is supported by: Regione
Emilia-Romagna, POGAS Politiche Giovanili e
Attività Sportive, Comune di Bologna, British
Council London, Ambasciata del Regno dei Paesi
Bassi Roma. In collaboration with: Transmediale
Club Berlino, No Fun festival New York. In
occasion of: ArteFiera. Media partners: Mousse,
Edizioni Zero, Blow Up, Mouvement, Alias, Il
Manifesto, Città del Capo-Radio Metropolitana,
Mel Bookstore.

Netmage 09
venue: Palazzo Re Enzo - Piazza Nettuno  Bologna - Italy
headquarters:  Xing - Via Ca' Selvatica 4/d  Bologna - Italy
info: tel ++39.051.331099   <>info at xing.it   <>info at netmage.it
press: <>pressoff at xing.it
www.netmage.it   www.xing.it