[spectre] [Festival 2009-2010] Call for Entries | Appel a' proposition | Convocatoria | Teilnahmeaufruf | FILM, VIDEO, MULTIMEDIA [EN] [FR] [DE] [ES]

Les Rencontres Internationales info at art-action.org
Sat Aug 22 20:03:12 CEST 2009

dear specters,
we send you below an information about our current call for entries.
please spread out and forward around you.
best

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +
IN ENGLISH http://www.art-action.org/site/_news/09/call/en.htm#retour
AUF DEUTSCH http://www.art-action.org/site/_news/09/call/de.htm#retour
EN ESPAÑOL http://www.art-action.org/site/_news/09/call/es.htm#retour
EN FRANÇAIS http://www.art-action.org/site/_news/09/call/fr.htm#retour
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The call for entries for the next Rencontres Internationales
Paris/Berlin/Madrid is open until September 5 and 15, 2009.

The next Rencontres Internationales Paris/Berlin/Madrid will take place
in Paris from November 30 to December 9 at the Centre Pompidou, the Jeu
de Paume national museum and other venues. The same programme will be
presented in Madrid in April 2010 and in Berlin in July 2010.
Those three events will feature an international programming focusing on
film, video and multimedia, gathering works of artists and filmmakers
recognized on the international scene along with young artists and
filmmakers.

ANY INDIVIDUAL OR ORGANIZATION CAN SUBMIT ONE OR SEVERAL PROPOSALS. THE
CALL FOR ENTRIES IS OPEN TO FILM, VIDEO AND MULTIMEDIA PROPOSALS,
without any restrictions for length or genre. All submissions are free,
regardless of geographical origin... [click here >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/info/appel.htm ]

     • FILMS AND VIDEOS - any film and video format
     * Video / Experimental video
     * Fiction, exp. fiction / Short, middle and full length
     * Documentary, exp. documentary
     * Experimental film
     * Animation

     • MULTIMEDIA
      * Video installation, multimedia installation * Net art *
Multimedia concert, multimedia performance

TO ENTER A PROPOSAL CLICK HERE >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/info/appel.htm
You may have the opportunity to choose between two types of
registration:
• Until September 5, 2009: Entry form to use with regular mail
• Until September 15, 2009: 100% online entry form with video upload

PLEASE FORWARD this information to creative organizations, art networks,
production organizations, artists and filmmakers you are in contact
with.

The 'Rencontres Internationales' offers more than a simple presentation
of the works. It introduces an intercultural forum gathering various
guests from all over the world - artists and filmmakers, institutions
and emerging organizations - to testify to their reflections and their
experiences, but also to artistic and cultural contexts that are often
undergoing deep changes.
The 'Rencontres Internationales' reflects specificities and convergences
of artistic practices between new cinema and contemporary art, explores
emerging media art practices and their critical purposes, and makes
possible a necessary time when points of view meet and are exchanged.
The event aims at presenting works to a broad audience, at creating
circulations between different art practices and between different
audiences, as well as creating new exchanges between artists, filmmakers
and professionals.
It seeks to contribute to a reflection on our contemporary culture of
image via a compelling program opened to everyone..

PARIS/BERLIN/MADRID
In 2007, the Rencontres Internationales, which initially took place in
Paris and Berlin, opened up to a third city: Madrid. This event now
constitutes a unique artistic and cultural platform in Europe for
artists, professional networks and various audiences.
The venues in the three cities are in particular in Paris the Centre
Pompidou and the Jeu de Paume national museum, in Berlin the Haus der
Kulturen der Welt, and in Madrid the Reina Sofia National museum, the
auditorium of the Ministry for Culture, the Tabacalera - futur national
centre for visual arts, the Spanish Cinematheque, the CA2M Centro de
Arte Dos de Mayo de la Comunidad de Madrid.
The 'Rencontres Internationales' is a non-commercial event without
competition, supported by French, German, Spanish and international
institutions... [click here >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/soutien/ ]

Opening on Monday, November 30
from 8PM at the Centre Pompidou - Cinema 1
Presentation, screening, cocktail

Accreditations (only press and professionals) grant access to the whole
program (except for special screenings): screenings, exhibitions,
concerts and performances, video library and debates.
Accreditation application [click here >>>
http://www.art-action.org/site/en/info/pass_accred.htm ]

Press kit is sent upon receipt of emailed request
info(at)art-action.org
Press contact [click here >>> http://www.art-action.org/site/en/contact/
]